I never played 999

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Opt1mus_R

Opt1mus_R
4 years ago#1
Will I be able to understand this or should I play the first one first? My DS is broken
It's so sad to see a family torn apart by something so simple as a pack of wolves.

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
4 years ago#2
It's not required, but it will make you enjoy this game a lot more. There is also returning characters and references.

I would atleast look up a in depth summary of all the routes and endings, as well as about the characters

User Info: nemesiskite55

nemesiskite55
4 years ago#3
999 is only about $25 or so on Amazon, so you could pick it up. It doesn't take too long to finish, considering it usually hooks you in after a short while, making you want to do nothing else until you finish
Playing: MGS HD (VITA), Madden 13 (VITA), MK9 (VITA), Disgaea 3 (VITA), SMT3 (PS2), Silent Hill 2 (PS2), Jet Grind Radio (DC), LoZ: Minish Cap (GBA)

User Info: Bancario51

Bancario51
4 years ago#4
yes but why don't you have an r4 or emulator and play it?
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...

User Info: Opt1mus_R

Opt1mus_R
4 years ago#5
My DS has no sound and the headphone jack is broken so I'm not gonna buy it, I might look up that emulator though.

Thanks
It's so sad to see a family torn apart by something so simple as a pack of wolves.

User Info: Akira502002

Akira502002
4 years ago#6
so I'd be ok buying VLR and skipping 999?

User Info: HiddenDoorway

HiddenDoorway
4 years ago#7
so I'd be ok buying VLR and skipping 999?

Technically. But you should still play 999 if you can. Because it's a great game, and this game will spoil it for you.
http://i.imgur.com/RCzU6.jpg

User Info: Neo_Sarevok

Neo_Sarevok
4 years ago#8
Ehh, I personally think you should play 999 first to get more backstory on Clover, Alice, Zero, the history of the Nonary Game, etc. Playing VLR first feels like a mistake imo.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 years ago#9
they had a reprint of 999, play that and this will make more sense...a lot more sense...
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)

User Info: Akira502002

Akira502002
4 years ago#10
Don't have a ds anymore so guess I'll have to read/watch it online :(. Kind of excited for this game as I've never played this genre before.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived