Better Than Wii Version?

#1Crimson SkysPosted 10/1/2012 6:27:12 PM
For the people who have played this game already, how would you compare it to the Wii version?
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#2BlueJonelethPosted 10/2/2012 2:00:55 AM
Wii version is better.
---
By refusing to kill your enemy, you'll endanger all the people he'll meet after you. - Gemini no Kanon -
#3NiricPosted 10/2/2012 6:57:47 AM
BlueJoneleth posted...
Wii version is better.

How so?

-Niric
#4BlueJonelethPosted 10/5/2012 3:20:43 AM
Less slowdowns & unique artstyle & custscenes instead of generic manga-like characters.

Also better plot, there is not enough Howser in this game.
---
By refusing to kill your enemy, you'll endanger all the people he'll meet after you. - Gemini no Kanon -
#5TheExiled280Posted 10/5/2012 3:25:34 AM
Am I the only one who dislikes the Wii Art Style? Glad the choose the anime style for this. Also its not a generic anime style like in Valkyria Chronicles 2, its bright and colorful IMO

Also, I personally don't much slowdown. I'm 9 hours in and I've only experienced it 2 and that was in the first 2 hours. Does it happen when you have a lot of units in the RG? I've started the habit of only having 8 because its easier to manage that way
---
Currently Playing: New Little King Story(PSV), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus(PSV), Sumioni: Demon Arts(PSV), Gods Eater Burst(PSP) & Ys SEVEN(PSP)
#6mangasus90Posted 10/5/2012 4:14:17 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
Am I the only one who dislikes the Wii Art Style? Glad the choose the anime style for this. Also its not a generic anime style like in Valkyria Chronicles 2, its bright and colorful IMO

Also, I personally don't much slowdown. I'm 9 hours in and I've only experienced it 2 and that was in the first 2 hours. Does it happen when you have a lot of units in the RG? I've started the habit of only having 8 because its easier to manage that way

Sure you're not the only one. I buy this game since the art hit my face first. I've never played the original nor does its art has any impression on me. I like the Anime style and the details the artists put on these characters.
#7JongJungBuPosted 10/5/2012 5:17:25 AM(edited)
To me, this one is by far the better version in every way but the framerate drops (which I can deal with and are not as game-breaking as I was led to believe by people who hadn't actually bought the game yet). The core gameplay is still there, which was key and what made me like the first one so much.
#8YamotoXPosted 10/5/2012 6:46:01 AM
Never play wii version but this is a great game. only fps is the main issue (you can overcome this with smaller group and well equipped royal guard). trust me you will never regret this if you like to play harvest moon and rune factory. dating with princesses, charming and unique town, various unique side mission ang jobs, and so far my favourite princess never encounter permanent death (somebody said wii ending like this) but become my bride instead. well it just my opinion after completing this game though....
#9JongJungBuPosted 10/5/2012 7:00:59 AM
YamotoX posted...
Never play wii version but this is a great game. only fps is the main issue (you can overcome this with smaller group and well equipped royal guard). trust me you will never regret this if you like to play harvest moon and rune factory. dating with princesses, charming and unique town, various unique side mission ang jobs, and so far my favourite princess never encounter permanent death (somebody said wii ending like this) but become my bride instead. well it just my opinion after completing this game though....

Harvest Moon...yeah, it definitely feels like those games in many ways. Good example of how this is such a mix of gameplays.
#10BrokenBandit84Posted 10/5/2012 1:30:01 PM
I'd say EQUALLY as good.