Mostly Positive Joystiq Review

#1myiamoto360Posted 10/5/2012 9:58:18 AM
I'm still not sure if I should get this game. It seems like something I'd like, but there appears to be a lot of negativity on this board about it. Not sure if it is warranted, or just a lot of bitterness towards the price. Also, the slowdown talk is very loud.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/05/new-little-kings-story-review/
---
PSN: IDrinkUrMilkShak
AC:CF- 1075-4243-8148,Name: Bunches Town: Funkytwn
#2JongJungBuPosted 10/5/2012 10:18:57 AM(edited)
The people who own and play it generally are NOT saying the framerate is game-breaking. It's mostly hesitant people watching videos. It's not that the entire game runs choppy and you have to put up with it all the time. It just has moments (while you're "in town" mostly) where framerate will get slower, and more so if you have a large (though not required to be) "army". In battles and exploring, it's not really much of an issue, or none at all if you don't go overboard with a giant army.

Price, can't say much about that. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is not worth $60 to me, but it is to other people. So it's really subjective and a lot of people are self-entitled. You should judge this own your own probably.

It's more positive here in the NLKS board about this game than you'll find in the general PS Vita board.

Personally, this is my favorite Vita game now.

That's my $0.02 :)
#3myiamoto360(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 10:21:47 AM
I appreciate your comments. It sounds like i shouldn't worry too much about the frame rate. The price was never an issue for me because I know it's a long game, and I'm just glad we got the game.

The biggest issue now is just time, haha. I'm getting X-com and Dishonored next week.
---
PSN: IDrinkUrMilkShak
AC:CF- 1075-4243-8148,Name: Bunches Town: Funkytwn
#4zxelmanPosted 10/5/2012 11:17:40 AM
myiamoto360 posted...
I appreciate your comments. It sounds like i shouldn't worry too much about the frame rate. The price was never an issue for me because I know it's a long game, and I'm just glad we got the game.

The biggest issue now is just time, haha. I'm getting X-com and Dishonored next week.

I have a beastly laptop (not the best though), because I wanted to get the best frame rates for my games. I'm crazy about that. While I am originally (and still am) a console/handheld gamer, I like my games to run as fast as possible anyways.

When I took a look at this game, the FPS issues looked like a huge letdown. Then I realized, it's just in town that in usually happens. So I took the dive, and I don't regret my purchase, even though $40 IMO is a little over-priced. It's still one the best games I've played in a long while.

It's not as bad as people make it seem.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx
#5TheExiled280Posted 10/5/2012 11:23:32 AM
so glad I ignored the reviews for this game and just bought it. 10 hours in and I'm loving it
---
Currently Playing: New Little King Story(PSV), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus(PSV), Sumioni: Demon Arts(PSV), Gods Eater Burst(PSP) & Ys SEVEN(PSP)
#6JongJungBuPosted 10/5/2012 11:24:45 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
so glad I ignored the reviews for this game and just bought it. 10 hours in and I'm loving it

You were going to buy it anyway regardless of those reviews. I saw all your posts here and the Vita board. ;)
#7TheExiled280Posted 10/5/2012 11:27:37 AM
JongJungBu posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

You were going to buy it anyway regardless of those reviews. I saw all your posts here and the Vita board. ;)

that's true. i've been looking forward to it since the Localization was announced and I am not disappointed
---
Currently Playing: New Little King Story(PSV), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus(PSV), Sumioni: Demon Arts(PSV), Gods Eater Burst(PSP) & Ys SEVEN(PSP)
#8JongJungBuPosted 10/5/2012 11:30:37 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
JongJungBu posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

that's true. i've been looking forward to it since the Localization was announced and I am not disappointed

Ditto to that. All the complaints others have (or I may have) are pretty much minor to me. This game is fun, and I got what I was hoping for or more.
#9neskyPosted 10/5/2012 11:42:24 AM
Honestly I don't want the game to end LOL.
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI @ 850/2000 | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#10TheExiled280Posted 10/5/2012 11:47:55 AM
nesky posted...
Honestly I don't want the game to end LOL.

Ditto
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6W2A3LL14o
More topics from this board...
New game - decision choicesWitch757113/22 3:16PM