The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

so this is basically civ 5 with a fantsay theme?

#1RealTidesPosted 5/9/2012 6:36:11 AM
i dont see much diff..the research tree just became a spellbook..
imo its much more simplier then the complex civ games and its made so that games finish faster
#2RealTides(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 6:37:15 AM(edited)
diplomacy is also broken and oh yea, you get quests too unlike civ....but the quest are just build this, do that...blahblah..

i think the new civ 5 expansion will add something similar thou
#3nukedysfunkPosted 5/12/2012 6:13:49 AM
Yes, I have to agree with you. I was thinking before I bought the game that it would be like a new version of Lords of Magic. Nope, it's just civ 5 with a complete fantasy overhaul. Not a completely bad thing really, but not what I wanted.
---
Aww yeah... Shim Sham
#4clowningPosted 5/12/2012 8:40:57 AM
In all fairness, diplomacy in Civ 5 is terrible and pretty useless, though not schizo as in this game, at least.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#5John_DanePosted 5/12/2012 10:56:03 AM(edited)
If you want a single player 4x game, play Galactic Civilizations II. Can't get much better than that. The AI is about as smart as I've ever seen it. They built the whole game to be player vs AI, and it shows.

It's just not the most accessible game you could play, though. Eventually you'll get the hang of it, but it's pretty complex. Not "arcade-style" like this game.
#6clowningPosted 5/13/2012 8:26:33 AM
Or you could go to GOG.com and grab MOO 1 and 2, the best 4x games ever made. Just don't grab MOO3, it was made by different people and it's amazingly bad.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7ArcvalonsPosted 5/13/2012 12:26:36 PM
meh, the whole Civ series is a super-simple version of the EU series
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#83dopPosted 5/22/2012 10:12:37 AM
Or instead of grabbing MOO 1 and 2 at GOG, you could get Master of Magic, the game to which this is yet another substandard unofficial sequel. It amazes me that since MoM came out in '95 there has yet to be a fantasy strategy game that is better.
#9John_DanePosted 5/23/2012 7:15:02 PM
Or instead of arguing about which 4x is the best... just play them all. Hard drive space is very cheap these days. Install away. =P Oh, and don't forget Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic.
#10DarktylPosted 5/29/2012 12:41:30 PM
It's amaze me too that there is yet a 4x game that's better than Master of Magic.

Anyone remember Net Storm? That was a fun game.
---
This monster should not die, it belongs in this world!!! Woohoo! We wish to pay Gabriel tribute!!!