Style over sbustance maybe?

#1torbjornoPosted 10/19/2011 9:27:32 PM

What struck me was the cool style of the game. I never felt it was shocking the way the reviewer describes it but it certainly feels very original style wise. The animations are great even if the responsivness isn't all that great. You can't aim in any direction so when you see enemies below you, you just have to jump down and shoot them. Not seeing the bullets is fresh but it reminds you a bit of why we do see bullets in side scrolling games.

I just played the demo so I can't comment on the whole game but I just had to say I really enjoyed the style and it took me by surprise.

#2torbjorno(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 9:28:53 PM

Based on the demo though, the gunplay is too simplistic for its own good... there are attempts to mix it up with the ability to dodge into dark areas but it doesn't really increase the challenge or make it more fun.

#3Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 10/20/2011 5:23:32 AM
It's definitely style over substance, but the style is so cool that I don't really mind. The soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#4gohoanqPosted 10/20/2011 8:53:24 AM

Sigistauffen01 posted...
It's definitely style over substance, but the style is so cool that I don't really mind. The soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson

I have to agree with you there xD I bought this lastnight and the first things that came to mind were "Damn this game is nice and Damn I love this music" lol Everything else is like a bonus. Also simplistic isn't always a bad thing.. It's nice to turn your brain on half power for a while, while playing games like this instead of above and beyond like so many games require now heh

#5Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 10/20/2011 10:40:10 AM
It's surprisingly dark, isn't it? Humorous for sure, but still kinda grim. The torture scene was pretty mean-spirited.
---