This is great. But would honestly anyone prefer this to Persona 5 on consoles?

#1slk_23Posted 9/1/2011 12:21:24 PM
New games are always fun.
#2Strain42Posted 9/1/2011 12:43:19 PM
No, but I don't think anyone is wanting this MORE than Persona 5.

Lucky for us, both were announced, Persona 5 is gonna be on a console and we've got this and Persona 4 Ultimate to keep us busy.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#3Shadow-ElitePosted 9/1/2011 1:10:40 PM
I honestly would like to see P5 instead of this but hell this can hold me over till then. Let's just hope Atlus doesnt do the same thing like Square Enix did and gives us a bunch of remakes and spin-offs like they did for a certain game. *coughKingdomHeartscough*

Wait didnt they kind of...
#4EmptySpaceHerePosted 9/1/2011 1:18:54 PM
Shadow-Elite posted...
I honestly would like to see P5 instead of this but hell this can hold me over till then. Let's just hope Atlus doesnt do the same thing like Square Enix did and gives us a bunch of remakes and spin-offs like they did for a certain game. *coughKingdomHeartscough*

Wait didnt they kind of...

Actually...P3 has been kind of like Final Fantasy 4, it's been ported to other systems, upgraded and has recieved extra content as well (FF4: The after Years). So yeah.
---
Decapitation=De-animation
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=6ABrIfGM7Ro&feature=feedu
#5Probit_ReturnPosted 9/1/2011 1:35:54 PM
From what I hear, they're supposed to be bringing their A game with P5, and it's probably going to take a while, so I'm really not worried about what they release in the mean time.

Reminds me of a quote from someone at XSeed on Siliconera. Someone asked why they didn't just devote their work strictly to Trails in the Sky part 2, and they replied with the fact that it would be impossible for them to stay in business if they didn't release anything in the mean time. It's a catch 22. In order to fund the project, you need to take time away from it to do other things. It's the same thing here. They can't just say "We're making P5, expect nothing from SMT for the next 1/2/whatever years." Catherine's earnings certainly helped, but at the end of the day, when everyone gets their cut, I doubt Catherine will fund P5 alone.

Plus, you can't really say that fans weren't asking for this. Personally, as long as this game adds enough to make it worth buying, I'm not going to complain. Would I rather see something new? Sure, but if this is going to happen anyway, it'd at least better be worth it.
#6Lelouch71Posted 9/1/2011 2:11:03 PM
Patience is a virtue. I hope they take their time with P5 and make it a completely different experience from P3/P4 in the same sense that P3 was different from P1/P2. I'm in no rush to get it. I have other megaten games to play along side my P2: IS this month. Hopefully EP won't be too far behind. Then we are getting our P4 fest next year along with probably some other megaten games to be announce.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#7ZODDGUTSUPosted 9/1/2011 3:32:11 PM
Uh they already mention recently that there developing Persona 5 which will have a new engine that there making. It makes sense there making Persona 4 for Vita and a fighting game considering there's an anime for Persona 4 coming out soon.
#8Dark ElfPosted 9/1/2011 3:43:44 PM
Persona 5 is already in the works.

Nevertheless, there are some concerns over how far Index intends to exploit Atlus IPs (there's a big mixed media push for P4 right now), now that company management has changed.
#9personae777Posted 9/1/2011 3:57:55 PM
It just seems like Atlus is dipping their feet in the water now after making Catherine.

So far their persona game for the next gen consoles is the Persona fighting game...

So I'm pretty sure they are gonna take the full dunk/plunge into the deep end of the pool once that's out. That's how i'm seeing it...but I could be wrong.
#10dimentiomanPosted 9/1/2011 4:38:58 PM
Can I have both? Who says we need a preference?
---
I think it's time we blow this scene. Get everybody and the stuff together. Okay, three, two, one, let's jam.