Reaction Topic: Persona 4: The Golden changes...

#1Strain42Posted 9/6/2011 1:27:33 PM
Something that you liked.

Your reaction?

Go.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#2SmashStrikePosted 9/6/2011 1:30:32 PM
New Anime cutscenes

Me: Yay! =D
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#3naiba_lucianPosted 9/6/2011 2:43:39 PM
Something that I liked, huh.

Kay.

1. Making Marie/Mary/whatever Souji's 'real' love interest, essentially pulling yet another Aeonmance on us...but without it making sense this time.
Reaction: I'd be slightly mad, but still rather composed, considering it wouldn't be a 'huge' change and I'd have expected it by then.
Still would warrant a long, drawn-out sigh, possibly even a PW-style desk slam.

2. Removing the Elizabeth-Minato reference from the Margaret fight altogether.
Reaction: This one would make me snap. At best, it'd make P5 a non-first day buy. At worst, I'd just lose all the respect that I had for Atlus.
The mid-way option (simply not buying P5 at all) would be the most likely to happen, though.

Those are really the only two bad changes that I could think of.
#4Probit_ReturnPosted 9/6/2011 3:14:07 PM
naiba_lucian posted...
Reaction: This one would make me snap. At best, it'd make P5 a non-first day buy. At worst, I'd just lose all the respect that I had for Atlus.
The mid-way option (simply not buying P5 at all) would be the most likely to happen, though..

I don't see them removing the reference, but I can see them making it more ambiguous on the gender of who Elizabeth is going to save. Not saying it's going to happen, but I could see it, since Elizabeth can be the assistant in both cases, unlike Theo, who's only available for the MShe. Or an even more ambiguous statement, her siblings are going to save someone, but that would remove Theo from any role he could potentially play.

As for my thoughts on something I like being changed. Heavy spoilers.

Myriad Truths kills the MC because he can't handle that much power, or something equally stupid. He becomes a spirit, and the whole point of P4: The Ultimate is to bring him back to life... somehow... Probably through the power of a magical wish or something, hence why Aegis is there.

To put it mildly, I would not be happy. I don't think I have to explain why.

For another case, Izanami actively involves herself with the investigation squad(maybe as a temporary party member), but keeps it to attempts at misguiding the party. If she were a party member (with her persona naturally being Izanami), she'd find some way to worm out of the battles with Namatame and Adachi, and when you find her out, she'd not be available for the final dungeon.

This wouldn't be as bad, but it'd be way out of character for her to even try "helping" you, even if it was a ruse. It'd be cool to see what she'd be like as a party member, but I don't think it would make up for the plot hole it'd create.

And yes, I do like Izanami's role. Probably could have been handled better, but I like it for what it is.
---
"Why is the red herring blue?!" Me on Marie's hat in Persona 4: The Golden.
#5naiba_lucianPosted 9/6/2011 3:25:33 PM
Probit_Return posted...
naiba_lucian posted...
The mid-way option (simply not buying P5 at all) would be the most likely to happen, though..

I don't see them removing the reference, but I can see them making it more ambiguous on the gender of who Elizabeth is going to save. Not saying it's going to happen, but I could see it, since Elizabeth can be the assistant in both cases, unlike Theo, who's only available for the MShe. Or an even more ambiguous statement, her siblings are going to save someone, but that would remove Theo from any role he could potentially play.

Bah, what's with everyone liking Minako/Hamuko so much that they want her story to be canon as well? Granted, I suppose you're right in that it DOES have an actual chance of it happening, unlike my version, but still, it'd leave a rather big plot hole, since Hamuko didn't have her own version of the Answer.

As for my thoughts on something I like being changed. Heavy spoilers.

Myriad Truths kills the MC because he can't handle that much power, or something equally stupid. He becomes a spirit, and the whole point of P4: The Ultimate is to bring him back to life... somehow... Probably through the power of a magical wish or something, hence why Aegis is there.

To put it mildly, I would not be happy. I don't think I have to explain why.

...I'd be surprised if there was actually someone who didn't find this to be ridiculous(ly dumb), lmao.

As for the other one, 'way out of character' doesn't do it enough justice. It'd go _completely_ against Izanami's role. Although I admit that it'd be interesting to see what she'd do in battle.
#6Probit_ReturnPosted 9/6/2011 3:45:19 PM
naiba_lucian posted...
Bah, what's with everyone liking Minako/Hamuko so much that they want her story to be canon as well? Granted, I suppose you're right in that it DOES have an actual chance of it happening, unlike my version, but still, it'd leave a rather big plot hole, since Hamuko didn't have her own version of the Answer.

I forgot about that. And the Answer is now officially, indisputably canon, thanks to those P4:U screens with Aegis as the Fool Arcana. I guess she relearned how to summon Athena? Fused her maybe? Hmm, maybe they'll just leave the line alone then.

As for MShe, I accept her story for what it is, another take on the story of P3 with a different MC. I like to think of it in terms of the infinite universes theory. Not canon to the actual story, but a parallel world where her parents died instead of MC's (Minato's). Not really adding anything, but not taking anything away either. Like how SMT: If...'s female MC goes on to play a part in P1, Innocent Sin, and Eternal Punishment, while the male MC doesn't go anywhere, just reversed in nearly every way.
---
"Why is the red herring blue?!" Me on Marie's hat in Persona 4: The Golden.
#7Lelouch71Posted 9/6/2011 3:45:57 PM
The only thing that could piss me off is if they changed the battle system and made it play more like SMT1.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#8RihawfPosted 9/6/2011 6:28:30 PM(edited)
Marie would be a spy. A stupid spy.
I'd like it.
---
Durururuddud.
#9HollowNinjaPosted 9/6/2011 8:03:56 PM
Well, I'd be pretty pissed if they removed the AI commands for teammates entirely.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#10FScellPosted 9/6/2011 8:32:30 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
The only thing that could piss me off is if they changed the battle system and made it play more like SMT1.

Menus: The Game.
---
"The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.."