Your reaction: All male S.Links become Lover options...

#21FScellPosted 9/12/2011 6:54:11 PM
That's just kind of mean spirited, there.

Not even in the fun way.
---
"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind, was gone."
#22The_FoolXXIIPosted 9/12/2011 7:28:58 PM
After thinking long and hard about this, I realized I could put MC with Teddie!
---
I am thou, thou art me, WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILYYYYY
#23SmashStrike(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 7:58:39 PM
HollowNinja posted...
I'd like them to have a FeMC option... and include a romance between her and Kanji. That would be an awesome way to finally dispel the rumor about him being gay.

There are no rumors of Kanji being gay. It's been officially confirmed his orientation is open to interpretation. So there are interpretations that Kanji is gay (like mine). If you believe Kanji to be straight, awesome, but to wish for your opinion to be forced on others is pretty damn childish. =/
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#24HiddenDoorwayPosted 9/12/2011 8:26:24 PM
The whole "it's up to the player's interpretation" was basically a cop out. The voice actor for Kanji was straight up told that his character is gay. And at the very least, his character has to be bisexual. Just look at the way he reacts any time anyone tries to bring the subject up. If he really was straight he wouldn't go to that level to try and defend himself.

Atlus was just didn't have the balls to come out and say that he is gay/bi and instead said it's a up to the player's imagination. No, that is not how you develop a character. When you're creating a character, you don't leave things up to the player to decide. You can leave things out, like I have plenty of characters in my novels that have things that are never revealed about them. Like one of my characters is a vegetarian, but I never straight up say that she is a vegetarian. However, I know that she is a vegetarian, because I created her. She exists in my mind. I didn't just leave out that part of her character when I was creating her and made my reader decide what she was. And you definitely can't do that when whatever you are leaving up to the player is a huge part of their character.

And if you think about it, if Kanji was straight, they wouldn't have even bothered saying that it is up to the player. They would have just said he's straight, because nobody would find that offensive.

Although, I don't really blame them. IIRC last time they had a gay character that you could have a relationship with in a SMT game, there was a lot of negative backlash in Japan.
---
Woof!
#25SmashStrike(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2011 8:30:23 PM
^ Let's not get into a "my opinion = fact" train wreck argument. I understand your point but try not to sound like thinking Kanji to be straight is for people who don't understand the game well enough. It's like the flipside of what I was talking about in my last post and it too is childish. =/
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#26HiddenDoorwayPosted 9/12/2011 8:34:46 PM
I'm not saying there is no way that he can be straight. But really, just the fact that Atlus had to go out and tell everyone that it is up to the player's interpretation just shows that they were trying not to offend anyone.
---
Woof!
#27FScellPosted 9/12/2011 8:43:14 PM
I think it's worth noting that this is the Localization team speaking. I imagine they all had their own opinions on the matter, but there's no need to alienate parts of your fanbase by trying to impose one idea or the other.
---
"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind, was gone."