If the main party members where real...

#11SmashStrikePosted 2/1/2012 2:08:33 PM
Yu: Yu's a silent protagonist. He wouldn't really exist irl.

Yosuke: He'd probably be exactly the same.

Chie: Probably be the same.

Yukiko: Being the heir to a family owned inn in the U.S.? Not likely, she might have to get a different gimmick.

Kanji: Again, being the heir to a family owned textile business in the U.S.? No way.

Teddie: Is a shadow. Would not exist irl.

Rise: Maybe she would have her own TV show and singles like Victoria Justice or something.

Naoto: Ehh... too unrealistic on too many levels to actually exist imo.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#12RoxalisPosted 2/1/2012 3:19:06 PM
Lord dear jesus, the way you guys make real people sound and look like makes me feel completely unreal and too idealistic about myself!
---
You either die a lurker, or live long enough to see yourself become a troll.
#13Strain42Posted 2/1/2012 3:45:53 PM
To the people who are saying stuff like "You don't have to lump them into stereotype"

...I almost feel like this shouldn't need to be said but...the characters already ARE stereotypes. They're just more stereotypes seen more frequently in Japan.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#14RoxalisPosted 2/1/2012 4:12:42 PM
I kinda doubt that.
---
You either die a lurker, or live long enough to see yourself become a troll.
PSN:Roxal_Ferres PKMN BLACK FC:2493 9983 5008
#15Strain42Posted 2/1/2012 4:37:12 PM
No, I'm serious. Look at Kanji. In the states we're all familiar with the "tough guy who is a bit of a softie" type character, and in Japan the big muscular dude who...for lack of a better term, gay tendencies is very common over there.

Also look at a character like Eikichi. Clearly a Visual Kei style character, those aren't really that common in the states, but in Japan the stereotype of musicians basically cross dressing themselves and going with the feminine name is there too.

My point is that Japan has its own stereotypes for how people act, and it's not so hard to believe that the P4 cast falls under a lot of these.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#16MightymegaPosted 2/1/2012 6:40:36 PM
Strain42 posted...
Brosuke: he's cool but he can be annoying at times. Gets **** grades because he doesn't care. Plays lots of CoD

No.

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Most of the CoD players I know do act like Yosuke.

That's true I even kinda acted like Yousuke back in high school. My grades weren't all that either mainly C+ range during my 9-11 grades, I only did enough to stay on the basketball team. I also played a lot of shooters and sports games during that time as well,don't really play either one now.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#17Blackguard_XXIPosted 2/2/2012 9:56:25 AM
TheBloodlustKid posted...
Chie would cosplay Bruce Lee on Halloween but gets mad every time people thinks she's Uma Thurman.

Haha, yes.