Forgive my noobish question but...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Forgive my noobish question but...
3 years ago#11
Have any of y'all ever played Lunar 2: Eternal Blue? I always wondered that same thing about Jean. Strain's explanation makes sense.
---
Gee, let me think about it. Yeah, I think we have time to find his lost jewelry. Hell, we could find him some matching earrings.
~Ryudo, Grandia II
3 years ago#12
There actually is type of Japanese fighting that primarily uses fans called tessenjutsu.

Well it seems there were a couple of different kinds of "war fan" made of iron or brass etc.

Gunsen were just a soldier's fan for fanning.

Tessen were fans where each end (or possibly the entire thing) was made of iron so it could be folded and used as a club or alternatively a club disguised as a folded fan (apparently some samurai used them when they couldn't carry their swords as the name suggests this was the kind used for tessenjutsu)

And the gunbai/dansen uchiwa (possibly also gunbai/gunpai uchiwa) which I think I've seen as part of a samurai's regalia which were flat paddle-shaped fan (uchiwa) rather than a folding one made of metal that was used for fanning and signalling and carried by generals.

And then there's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harisen
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
3 years ago#13
It's just interesting that Yukiko fights with fans. It really suits her, graceful yet deadly.
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Forgive my noobish question but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived