Has it occurred to anyone that Marie might be...

#1Fourth_BonkuraPosted 2/24/2012 4:26:12 AM
...an alternate to Margaret as Igor's assistant like Theodor was to Elizabeth?

There really isn't much time to cram in a new social link into the game (technically there is but you'd need to be penguin_knight to pull it off)

She seems slightly odd... She's wearing a blue bag and hat with a great big gold V on it. What could that mean? Apart from Velvet Room! (Or Doujima and Nanako share the Justice arcana and she's the new Hierophant (although she doesn't seem the type). Or... nothing)

Other than the blue hat and bag she looks like she was dressed in the dark by a hurricane hence "odd"

The reason she's out shopping is that she makes different requests than Margaret does, more like Elizabeth's requests: more numerous be easier to accomplish.

Her hair and eyes are wrong but what else could she be? Probably not a new party member and there aren't any Arcana left to give her... unless she's going to be utterly unimportant...
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#2Enix BelmontPosted 2/24/2012 6:11:14 AM
Didn't Aegis have her own Arcana? Aeon? Couldn't it be that?
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#3Fourth_Bonkura(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2012 6:46:14 AM
Eh, that's a bit of an anomaly, for one thing - as you say that's unique to Aigis and for another Aeon is the name for the Judgement arcana in the Thoth tarot deck. Persona mostly uses the names from the Rider-Waite tarot deck except for the Priestess (the High Priestess) and Fortune (The Wheel of Fortune) which are also Thoth deck names but the Rider-Waite names don't also appear as far as I know which makes Aeon unique in this regard - it's in there twice. Those names were probably just used because they were shorter so the fit in the menus and dialogue boxes better.

I doubt they'd use it again. But then again we could see Art (Temperance) or Lust (Strength) or something... well probably not Lust. Or go another way altogether? The Papess or something?

For a second I forgot what Aeon was and thought it was the Thoth version of the World (but that's The Universe) and almost went off on some really insane speculation (the "she's the Theo of this thing" was only mildly insensible by comparison) if you've finished the game you'll probably guess who the counterpart to the World could be...

Oh, and when I say Wheel of Fortune its more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEllLECo4OM&t=1m24s

than

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXac62mx7w

Although she definitely drew the upright Fortune! ...or cheated.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#4FortecrossPosted 2/24/2012 8:20:20 PM(edited)
Its actually already been indirectly confirmed that Marie is a social link of the Aeon Arcana. I really doubt she will be a replacement for Margaret, as she is the empress arcana.

Most likely Marie is still strongly related to the Velvet room without a doubt, but if she was a alternate Margaret then she would probably would have been a boy version instead.
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#5Semi45aPosted 2/24/2012 11:34:36 PM
Or they might be a man
---
Special Olympics is like Taco Bell, everyone's a winner
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#6greeeedPosted 2/25/2012 8:31:12 AM(edited)
Who know?
She might be the final boss.
#7Ein_SophPosted 2/25/2012 1:44:20 PM
I really hope she's the final boss so I can kick her ass.
---
"Is man merely a mistake of God's? or is God merely a mistake of man's?" - Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#8oemzedPosted 2/26/2012 12:11:06 PM
That's actually one of the first theories I heard about her. I don't really want her to be part of the velvet room, but it's pretty obvious that she is.

When was it indirectly confirmed that she's the aeon social link?? :O
#9Haru_HaruhiPosted 2/26/2012 1:36:08 PM
oemzed posted...
That's actually one of the first theories I heard about her. I don't really want her to be part of the velvet room, but it's pretty obvious that she is.

When was it indirectly confirmed that she's the aeon social link?? :O

Well, she's important enough to have a dialogue portrait, be prominently featured in P4P articles, and be in the new opening. The fact that the Aeon arcana exists, and that this character is supposedly pretty important to the story, is enough indirect confirmation for me.
---
Brigade
If you are not with us, you are either an enemy or a client!