Am I the only one who would like the first two Persona actually redone...

#1Second_ChancesPosted 2/29/2012 5:18:50 PM
Using the P4 engine?

Because the battle systems are too tedious in those. I enjoy the plots, but the games were painful to go through. I didn't like how they did the tarot cards and how much you had to grind them, and the grid system in P1. The negotiations were great though.

Like, just let everyone have Wild Card and use models, dungeon crawling, overworld and battle system like P4, keeping the negotiations but giving you Persona cards and the other type of stuff you'd get from Shuffle Time instead of having to grind up tarots.
#2Lelouch71Posted 2/29/2012 5:48:30 PM
I have no problem with the battle system. It was still playable in the original trilogy. The world, characters, story, and atmosphere made up for it. However, I wouldn't mind seeing P1 getting a full blown remake for the 3DS since their supposedly an unannounced game for it. I think IS and EP aged a tad bit better than P1.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#3MightymegaPosted 2/29/2012 6:35:35 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I have no problem with the battle system. It was still playable in the original trilogy. The world, characters, story, and atmosphere made up for it.

Maybe to you,but I didn't even finish playing the game on psp because of the battle system. So yes i'd love for them to remake p1 again with at least p4 graphics.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#4Lelouch71Posted 2/29/2012 11:01:50 PM
Mightymega posted...
Maybe to you,but I didn't even finish playing the game on psp because of the battle system. So yes i'd love for them to remake p1 again with at least p4 graphics.

That's why I said I had no problem with it. I also said I would like to see a P1 remake out of the three too.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#5Strain42Posted 2/29/2012 11:12:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's not something I'm going to actively hope they put their time and effort into.

Now that Eternal Punishment is getting ported, I want them to take a break with the ports/remakes and focus more on new games.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#6EmiHinataPosted 3/1/2012 10:11:28 PM
I'd love to see that, even if it were done in the games' original graphics as just an overhaul of the battle system. I'm finding it hard to enjoy Innocent Sin because of the combat and card system. :/ Of course, since both games have already been remade/ported, I see no reason to do it now.
---
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
#7spottyOnNeptunePosted 3/2/2012 2:34:09 AM
i think its perfect how it is even though i prefer p3/p4 gameplay IMO
#8walnut100Posted 3/3/2012 1:33:26 PM
Strain42 posted...
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's not something I'm going to actively hope they put their time and effort into.

Now that Eternal Punishment is getting ported, I want them to take a break with the ports/remakes and focus more on new games.

I want to see Persona 3 FES portable on Vita first

Just put in FES, all the new stuff from the PSP version, and create the new models/animations required for the girl character and call it a day

Wouldn't cost a ton to do and would make me happy
---
We Americans will never take over the world. We're far too lazy.
We'll outsource the task to India, and then take the credit for it. ~ Waffleman
#9Baalji_BaalstarPosted 3/3/2012 4:11:40 PM(edited)

Wouldn't cost a ton to do and would make me happy

It would also take up development time and cost money nonetheless, so no it should not happen. P3P is already playable on Vita should you have a digital version of it, there's no reason for you to not play that instead.

The world, characters, story, and atmosphere made up for it.

Like hell they did. I'm one of the biggest praisers of IS' story and I am still saying that the battle systems are atrocious enough to ruin the games.
---
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"
-Bret "The Hitman" Hart
#10Ikilluha1Posted 3/3/2012 8:56:34 PM
It's what made Persona 1 and 2 what they are.

In my opinion, I liked them. Plus what's going to happen to those combination attacks?

I guess it would be turn based in which you can choose the commands first, but it won't feel the same.
---
http://backloggery.com/Solar