Hopefully they "adjust" the Kanji and Yukiko fights...

#1SazukeEXPosted 3/27/2012 10:03:29 PM
For new players. Those fights were the hardest in the entire game in the first playthrough. Feel bad for new players ending up there and getting smashed.

Darn it Chie! Stop getting knocked down every other round!
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#2FScellPosted 3/27/2012 10:05:14 PM(edited)
No. No they should not do that.

If anything they should make efforts to bring the rest of the game up to that level.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#3SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 10:09:34 PM
Not really. At that point in the game you're stuck with the early cast and what you can do is very limited outside the MC. Those battles should be toned down for new players because of that. The later battles were balanced around you being limited but by the time you reached them your cast is far more varied and you can easily switch people to to exploit the boss unlike those two fights.
---
#4FScellPosted 3/27/2012 10:30:51 PM(edited)
I don't really think Kanji's boss qualifies as this but Yukiko is a Gate. It's designed to be difficult for players who haven't learned to take advantage of the Fusion system yet. For everyone else, all it takes is a bit of experimenting to churn out something with Media and then you win the fight.

I see no reason to nerf the fights. Let them learn how the game works the way everyone else did.
---
#5FortecrossPosted 3/27/2012 10:55:29 PM(edited)
I agree that Yukiko and Kanji should not be toned down.

Yukiko's shadow is definitely like a gate that is meant to force you to experiment and fuse Persona in order to win(90% of the time anyways). The fight is tough, but it's not that hard.

Kanji's Shadow actually requires decent strategy, that's literally the only hard part about the entire fight.
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#6SmashStrikePosted 3/27/2012 11:19:04 PM
FScell posted...
No. No they should not do that.

If anything they should make efforts to bring the rest of the game up to that level.

This.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#7SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 11:43:11 PM(edited)
FScell posted...
I don't really think Kanji's boss qualifies as this but Yukiko is a Gate. It's designed to be difficult for players who haven't learned to take advantage of the Fusion system yet. For everyone else, all it takes is a bit of experimenting to churn out something with Media and then you win the fight.

I see no reason to nerf the fights. Let them learn how the game works the way everyone else did.

Chie being required for that part is a huge mistep since nearly all of the bosses attacks will knock her over unless you have her block the whole battle.

New players would just quit the game if the fights stay the same. They are unneccessarily difficult for the part of the game they're tossed in. There's a huge jump from the Dungeon to the boss itself in difficulty. Nothing prepares the player for those boss fights and no hints are tossed to help tem get prepared.

They'l get in the fight and than lose and not know why.
---
#8grand_kaizerPosted 3/28/2012 12:00:30 AM
SazukeEX posted...
They'l get in the fight and than lose and not know why.

Then the boss fight serves its exact purpose. If you get curbstomped by a boss battle it's a clear indication something is wrong with your setup. Ergo, it encourages you to approach gameplay differently. Strategise and use different tactics in battle, and in a game like Persona making use of the fusion mechanic is a blatantly obvious aspect of new strategies. If you don't make the effort to learn core gameplay mechanics and utilise them to play the game then you're essentially putting down the controller and hoping the game will play itself.

No, I don't think they should be adjusted at all. If it scares away someone who isn't very good then I don't give a fat rat's ass. They can put the difficulty on beginner if they're a beginner, there's absolutely no need to compromise a good boss fight just to cater to the lowest denominator.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.
#9SmashStrikePosted 3/28/2012 12:04:59 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
No, I don't think they should be adjusted at all. If it scares away someone who isn't very good then I don't give a fat rat's ass. They can put the difficulty on beginner if they're a beginner, there's absolutely no need to compromise a good boss fight just to cater to the lowest denominator.

To add to this. IIRC on Beginner the games gives you 10 Plumes of Dusk which fully restores the party's SP and HP when Yu dies. I think that's worth remembering when talking about this game being too difficult
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#10FScellPosted 3/28/2012 12:19:48 AM
Chie being required for that part is a huge mistep since nearly all of the bosses attacks will knock her over unless you have her block the whole battle.

Going back to the idea of the boss teaching Fusion techniques, it is a fairly simple affair to acquire something with Red Wall.

The challenge is appropriate. It's difficult if you simply bullrush it, but fairly trivial when you actually stop and examine why you're losing and take steps to correct it.. which is how video games are supposed to work.

And the fusion required here isn't even complicated, you can do all of this by gluing together things you pick up in the dungeon.
---