Hopefully they "adjust" the Kanji and Yukiko fights...

#11SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 11:31:42 PM(edited)
Not for new players it isn't. Doesn't help that REd Wall is never used at that point in the game anyway so they don't know what they're looking for.

The game also doesn't tell them that you can cancel a fusion untill you get the abilities you want transfered. Many are lead to believe is that what you see the first time when fuseing is what you'll get no matter what.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#12FScellPosted 3/27/2012 11:47:54 PM(edited)
How do they know? You notice that slime learns it at level 4 and you read the description.

Didn't do that? Not paying attention to the system or the abilities you have? That's really their own damn fault.

Many are lead to believe is that what you see the first time when fuseing is what you'll get no matter what.

I have not once heard of this complaint on either board, so I think you might have just made this up. But if not.. well it says Confirm/Back at the bottom and all it takes is one try to realize your error.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#13demonsword765Posted 3/28/2012 12:07:36 AM
If there's one Golden rule for every game out there it's that trial and error works. If a strategy doesn't work rethink and try again. Like Yukiko. Red Wall+Resist Physical onto a persona like either Senri or Archangel will work wonders.

Also we are willing to help. Always. I mean we're jerks but we're helpful jerks.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#14Chaos_MissilePosted 3/28/2012 1:08:04 AM
In all honesty, no. Why? 3 reasons:-
1) http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ThatOneBoss/Atlus
2) From what I understand, Persona 4 is apparently one of the easiest Persona/SMT related game. In fact, one comment on YouTube went like this:-
"Play P4, followed P3.Then SMT: Nocturne
Congratulations; you've now graduated from being an FF noob and inducted into the SMT world"
3) SazukeEX posted...
Feel bad for new players ending up there and getting smashed.

I remember the days when video games USED TO BE HARD. People complaint FFXIII was too easy. People complaint EO was too hard. People complaint when a game is HARD: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

(Atlus)...currently holds the dubious title of "That One Company", due to their joy at making gamers suffer. And we like it, dammit.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#15stevenbobPosted 3/28/2012 12:25:47 PM
We're yukiko and kanji that hard I mean I loss to them both once yukiko because I was under leveled and had no healing items and it was the last day to save her kanji because I did not know what his partners were immune to but they were not hard at all I was just rushing I think the game was to easy
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#16Lunar_Envoy9Posted 3/28/2012 2:28:01 PM
I never had problems with Yukiko. Until recently I wasn't even aware that she was supposed to be difficult.. Kanji on the other hand was very difficult but I enjoyed it.
---
???
Official Gogo of the Dissidia Duodecim board.
#17SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2012 5:11:05 PM
I know from experience. Those fights are real ball busters for newer players and it doesn't help that they're very early in the game. After those fights the rest of the game is simply easy as heck compared to those fights.

Personally I feel that they should explain these things more to new players and re-balance the fights so they actually get harder as the game goes on not super hard at the start than derp easy after the Kanji fight.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#18FScellPosted 3/28/2012 5:30:18 PM(edited)
Re-balancing the later fights is fine, although I'm not sure how they would account for the multitude of options that the player gets without resorting to cheap tricks and annoyances. It would probably take a re-design of the entire fight.

There is nothing wrong with either of those two fights however, and players who made a concentrated effort to learn how to play the game, as they should be doing, will not have a problem with it.

Players who don't want that are free to play on the lower difficulties, that's why they exist. Hell if they wanted to downgrade the bosses strength on the easier difficulties that's fine, but for the games intended settings I don't want to see boss fights butchered because a few people might throw fits over them.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#19atma6Posted 3/28/2012 5:38:20 PM
I have to say SazukeEX, it doesn't seem like anyone agrees with you. I tend to be on the other side as well. Overly easy/handholdy RPGs tend to bore people, which is why many people accuse the JRPG genre of being simply autopilot. Hitting a brick wall early, which requires you to actually adapt is something that should be encouraged and praised, not done away with.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#20grand_kaizerPosted 3/29/2012 1:58:32 AM
SazukeEX posted...
I know from experience. Those fights are real ball busters for newer players and it doesn't help that they're very early in the game. After those fights the rest of the game is simply easy as heck compared to those fights.

Personally I feel that they should explain these things more to new players and re-balance the fights so they actually get harder as the game goes on not super hard at the start than derp easy after the Kanji fight.

It's not that those fights are 'omgwtfpwned' hard, it's just that they're early in the game, when you're still dumb to the mechanics. Funny how the game gets easier when you learn how to utilise its key aspects to your advantage, isn't it? That's not the game getting easier so much as it simply is you getting better.

Why is it a bad thing if a new player is forced to stop and actually think instead of having their hand held all through the game though? Do you gain no joy at all from actually conquering a puzzle instead of being told the answer?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.