Hopefully they "adjust" the Kanji and Yukiko fights...

#21demonsword765Posted 3/29/2012 3:00:24 AM

Do you gain no joy at all from actually conquering a puzzle instead of being told the answer?

It's makes Obelisk and Axis Mundi that much satisfying.
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#22SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 12:43:33 PM(edited)
atma6 posted...
I have to say SazukeEX, it doesn't seem like anyone agrees with you. I tend to be on the other side as well. Overly easy/handholdy RPGs tend to bore people, which is why many people accuse the JRPG genre of being simply autopilot. Hitting a brick wall early, which requires you to actually adapt is something that should be encouraged and praised, not done away with.

They're lost in the past than. They only think for themselves when they know darn well the game doesn't explain these things at all. Unless new players spends hours looking for info on the net they wont know what they're doing wrong because the game doesn't tell them a thing. Especially not that early in the game when yen, party comp, and fusion possibilities are severely limited.

It shouldn't be encouraged when those encounters are the only hard encounters in the game(with no explanation leading up to them) and after them you can go to sleep on even the true last boss over how easy she is.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#23FScellPosted 3/29/2012 4:40:42 PM(edited)
Especially not that early in the game when yen, party comp, and fusion possibilities are severely limited.

You have everything you need to conquer these fights without spending a dime or delving into complicated fusion methods. You don't need explanation for this you just need to play the damn game.

I don't think you'll find so many fragile new players to these games who would agree with this notion anyway, even if they did have trouble with the fights.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#24KinectricPosted 3/29/2012 4:52:30 PM
demonsword765 posted...
Do you gain no joy at all from actually conquering a puzzle instead of being told the answer?

Except the fact that Axis Mundi is bugged into oblivion to the point it isn't able to be completed on the 360 version...
#25grand_kaizerPosted 3/29/2012 10:58:41 PM
SazukeEX posted...
atma6 posted...
I have to say SazukeEX, it doesn't seem like anyone agrees with you. I tend to be on the other side as well. Overly easy/handholdy RPGs tend to bore people, which is why many people accuse the JRPG genre of being simply autopilot. Hitting a brick wall early, which requires you to actually adapt is something that should be encouraged and praised, not done away with.

They're lost in the past than. They only think for themselves when they know darn well the game doesn't explain these things at all. Unless new players spends hours looking for info on the net they wont know what they're doing wrong because the game doesn't tell them a thing. Especially not that early in the game when yen, party comp, and fusion possibilities are severely limited.

It shouldn't be encouraged when those encounters are the only hard encounters in the game(with no explanation leading up to them) and after them you can go to sleep on even the true last boss over how easy she is.

So your logic is "this is challenging, but then it's stupidly easy, so it should all be stupidly easy instead of having any challenge at all." Did you even notice the comment about beginner mode? The mode for beginners? The mode for beginners that is laughably easy?

If you're the sort of person who should rightly play on easy, but get agitated or give up immediately because you can't stand up to normal, then why should anyone care? What do you want, a medal for participation? Learn about the game or cheat and look up a guide, which takes less than five minutes, not the hyper-exaggerated hours you tote to use the internet to cheat at a videogame.

It really, really isn't necessary to nerf what is already an easy game. You can argue that it's unbalanced if you want, that's a far stronger standpoint than what you're on now, but don't bother acting like newbies appreciate condescension.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.
#26diebuster2Posted 3/30/2012 2:51:36 AM(edited)
I disagree with the TC as well. I think having difficulty options is enough to adjust newcomers into the game. Not too easy, but not too hard either. If not for difficulty options, give the player an option to choose whether to nerf the specific boss or not if they happen to lose or gameover to it.
---
Wouldn't it be ironic if you died in your living room?
#27krw703Posted 3/30/2012 3:52:26 AM(edited)
Kinectric posted...
demonsword765 posted...

Except the fact that Axis Mundi is bugged into oblivion to the point it isn't able to be completed on the 360 version...

That was Atlus US's fault. You can still complete it in 2P mode on the English versions and 1P mode is just fine in the Japanese version.

Edit:
The only thing they should fix is the bonus boss in Yukiko's Castle. His Rampage attack does way more damage than it should.

---
PSN: krw703; DQ8-JP-LLA [pre-Trap Box] (H1, Y6, J10, K12)
Now Playing: One Piece - Kaizoku Musou (14 coins til plat), RE:ORC
#28Smurf86Posted 3/30/2012 11:51:14 AM
FScell posted...
No. No they should not do that.

If anything they should make efforts to bring the rest of the game up to that level.

I almost agreed with TC until I saw this post.

Everything after the Yukiko fight really does need to be brought up to or near that level to keep the game entertaining and worthwhile. I may or may not end up buying the game, but if I read that they'll do this, it'll be an instant buy for that alone.
---
Jump Ultimate Stars Code~ 3308 0151 9727
Brawl FC~ 3394 3211 5509
#29SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 1:35:02 PM(edited)
grand_kaizer posted...
SazukeEX posted...
atma6 posted...

So your logic is "this is challenging, but then it's stupidly easy, so it should all be stupidly easy instead of having any challenge at all." Did you even notice the comment about beginner mode? The mode for beginners? The mode for beginners that is laughably easy?

If you're the sort of person who should rightly play on easy, but get agitated or give up immediately because you can't stand up to normal, then why should anyone care? What do you want, a medal for participation? Learn about the game or cheat and look up a guide, which takes less than five minutes, not the hyper-exaggerated hours you tote to use the internet to cheat at a videogame.

It really, really isn't necessary to nerf what is already an easy game. You can argue that it's unbalanced if you want, that's a far stronger standpoint than what you're on now, but don't bother acting like newbies appreciate condescension.

You read nothing. I'm not even going to respond to you until you read before you respond.

FScell posted...
Especially not that early in the game when yen, party comp, and fusion possibilities are severely limited.

You have everything you need to conquer these fights without spending a dime or delving into complicated fusion methods. You don't need explanation for this you just need to play the damn game.

I don't think you'll find so many fragile new players to these games who would agree with this notion anyway, even if they did have trouble with the fights.

No you don't. not when the game doesn't explain those important tidbits at all throughout the game. As I said, if the game isn't going to bother explaining those things, or even something simple as canceling fusions till you get the moveset you want, than those fights should be changed to fit that. Since at that part the player experience is still fresh, and in Yukiko's case you're still in the tutorial pretty much.

Yes, I would and you should open your eyes as well. It's all about the mass appeal. Making a game ridiculously hard at the start than making the last boss a joke isn't the best balancing strategy. Not if they want to attract an even wider audience than what the PS2 version caught in its time.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#30FortecrossPosted 3/30/2012 1:49:04 PM(edited)
Sazuke, I'm noticing this is going back and forth.

Everybody else already made a point to you why what you are saying is wrong. I would kindly suggest dealing with the fact that nobody agrees with you on this at all.

And being "super hard" in the beginning is only your opinion at this rate. I'm actually one of those people who is terrible at Persona games and still was able to figure things out just from what the game told me. And as people mentioned, you were offered a beginner mode and that makes things easy as pie.

Stop acting like every newbie is just like you. Deal with the fact that you're pretty wrong about this and stop repeating yourself because it's only making you look extremely ignorant. People were kind enough to respond to this question and they succeeded in proving a point why it doesn't need to be "adjusted".

This thread is closed and done.

---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.