Hopefully they "adjust" the Kanji and Yukiko fights...

#31SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 1:48:17 PM
I'm saying you need to stop thinking with experienced eyes but look at it through the perspective of a new player who has very little explained to them in this game at that point. The lead up to those fights offers no preparation and can easily lead to newer players being stomped by those fights early on in the game.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#32FortecrossPosted 3/30/2012 1:52:22 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
I'm saying you need to stop thinking with experienced eyes but look at it through the perspective of a new player who has very little explained to them in this game at that point. The lead up to those fights offers no preparation and can easily lead to newer players being stomped by those fights early on in the game.

If you read my post then you would of noticed I already said I wasn't experienced and was TERRIBLE at Persona games. I still was able to beat the bosses and tried out what the game gave me.

And no, they do give you plenty of preparation. Yukiko's castle has enough floors and battles to the point where you will find your new Persona and test the fusion skills that the game was nice enough to already explain to you. Heck, I didn't even use the "easy" Persona that makes Yukiko's shadow a easy fight.

Stop repeating yourself already, I'm tired of reading your ignorant remarks. People were nice enough to respond logically and you continue to ignore them.
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#33SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 2:06:00 PM
No they don't. None of the fighting there prepares you for the Yukiko fight.

No shadows heal at that point, and no shadows have breaks or walls at that point so for a new player those abilities don't exist for them. At least not at that point because they've never seen it or had any Persona cards with those abilities at that point.

Most would still be using Izanagi since it's very early in the game.

Doesn't help that Teddie and later Rise really blow at analyzing enemies. Thus new players have to use trial and error to discover weaknesses.

New players aren't even told that blocking can stop knock downs.
---
#34FortecrossPosted 3/30/2012 2:15:44 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...

No shadows heal at that point, and no shadows have breaks or walls at that point so for a new player those abilities don't exist for them. At least not at that point because they've never seen it or had any Persona cards with those abilities at that point.

Doesn't help that Teddie and later Rise really blow at analyzing enemies. Thus new players have to use trial and error to discover weaknesses.

1) Oh yes it does. Teddie already explains to you about weaknesses, skills, and other aspects during the entire fight with Shadow Yosuke. During Yukiko's castle you even fight a mini boss which if you defeat, gives you enough skill to understand the game. HECK, even BEFORE the mini boss there is plenty of enemies you had to run into. A lot of those enemies Izanagi has a reallyyy hard time fighting.

2)Funny, I was very inexperienced and I thought it was really cool to switch Persona. This sentence sounds more like "I found it cool to be using Izanagi". Unless you have proof, stop acting like this magically "majority" is on your side. As you can see this with this thread the majority of people here don't agree with you at all.

3 and 4) That my friend is called exploring the game. Unless you decided to run through Yukiko's castle, you should have been smart enough to see the option that says "block'. When I was new to Persona 4 I noticed the block option right away. Heck, you already had more than enough fights with the random shadows, shadow yosuke, the dream fight, and the mini boss to notice all the fighting options you were given. Unless you are just a guy who likes to click "attack". And don't give me that "majority" crap again.

All of your points are invalid complaints. You seem to love to say "most people", when these "most people" are just really you. I called you ignorant before and you're only proving it more.

Sorry pal but you got no logical backup besides that you aren't taking the time to learn the game.
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#35FScellPosted 3/30/2012 4:27:34 PM
You are really reaching for reasons now, you are painting this mysterious majority of new players in a rather bad light I think..
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#36grand_kaizerPosted 3/30/2012 8:09:31 PM
I'm sorry, but only a gamer with the brains of a chocolate fish would be dumb enough to ignore game mechanics and totally ignore exploring and experimenting with them. It's like saying science should give people hints as to the cure for cancer. "Maybe if God/Zeus/Spaghetti Monster would just explain the mechanics of the cure for cancer to the scientists then cancer wouldn't be such a huge gate disease when all the other medical conditions discovered after it are so treatable!"

Accept it. Your 'majority' does not exist, and everyone else disagrees. Know what that makes you? The 1%. Which is not a majority.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.
#37KinectricPosted 3/30/2012 8:27:53 PM
SazukeEX posted...

I'm beginning to think your confusing the terms "new players" and "stupid people."
#38DrakoVongola1Posted 3/30/2012 10:37:33 PM(edited)
This is Atlus, if some of thhe bosses aren't making newcomers cry then it fails completely.

Honestly, if you just experiment with Persona fusing (Which you should, even the game tells you this much) Kanji and Yukiko aren't that hard. For Kanji just make a Rashasa (I probably butchered the spelling) and his attacks barely damage you, and Yukiko isn't that tough if you're a good level and have some good healing techs.

"Most would still be using Izanagi since it's very early in the game."

Then they're stupid, I stopped using Izanagi WAY before the boss, I don't think I even used him on Shadow Chie :/

Honestly I think you're confusing "New player" with "mentally challenged monkey".
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#39SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 10:56:31 PM
Fortecross posted...
SazukeEX posted...

If you read my post then you would of noticed I already said I wasn't experienced and was TERRIBLE at Persona games. I still was able to beat the bosses and tried out what the game gave me.

And no, they do give you plenty of preparation. Yukiko's castle has enough floors and battles to the point where you will find your new Persona and test the fusion skills that the game was nice enough to already explain to you. Heck, I didn't even use the "easy" Persona that makes Yukiko's shadow a easy fight.

Stop repeating yourself already, I'm tired of reading your ignorant remarks. People were nice enough to respond logically and you continue to ignore them.

You tell me to sstop repating myself when you're doing just that only you're too closed minded to even consider another point that's far more valid than "Tough, I prefer the game being hatrd at the start and yawn easy after that".

I can see that Tanaka's lessons in P3 didn't reach you. This is about mass appeal not keeping the status queue of niche status.
---
#40White_Knight13Posted 3/30/2012 10:57:18 PM
SazukeEX posted...

Appealing to the new player is Final Fantasy's thing.

Atlus, like every other good company, makes games for their fans. They don't want to appeal to the masses, although more sales are nice. Appealing to the masses is great monetarily, but after you do so, you can NEVER appease your fans. (Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Call of Duty). Atlus makes games for their fans.