Hopefully they "adjust" the Kanji and Yukiko fights...

#61WiiFan77Posted 4/1/2012 11:22:11 AM
Ah, that's right. My bad.
---
Hello? Taste? Where are you? This...doesn't taste like anything! This is amazing! It's like I'm eating friggin' water! How is this even...? -Junpei__Iori
#62SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 1:49:43 PM(edited)
Nice blot of text. You wasted your time, since from your very first sentence you clearly haven't read anything I posted and are just venting. It would be a waste of my time to engage you in debate when you refuse to read anything that I've posted.

ragtag11 posted...
I agree with OP. The first time I played this game (it was my first SMT game and I was playing on Normal) I got completely owned by the Yukiko boss fight. I just completely dropped the game after that and didn't play it for a year or two. It wasn't until after I had played SMT:Strange Journey that I went back to replay P4. I was able to beat a majority of the game just fine on Normal on my second try... but I'm willing to say that a lot of players who are new to SMT games are going to just quit after being owned so badly so early in the game.

Correct. Some of the other posters here that are adamant against this are too bias based on their own experiences to relate to newer players. Those fights are unfairly balanced compared to the rest of the game and have pshed players off from the the game and even the series forever or for ong periods of time.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#63IReadForFunPosted 4/1/2012 2:24:24 PM
Again, there is easy mode for a reason.

Anyone who has played multiple RPGs before should do fine on normal mode. If players have not played many or are new to many, they should play easy mode. They really don't need to scale down the difficulty of normal mode for beginners because there is a mode already made specifically for them.
#64SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 2:46:29 PM
IReadForFun posted...
Again, there is easy mode for a reason.

Anyone who has played multiple RPGs before should do fine on normal mode. If players have not played many or are new to many, they should play easy mode. They really don't need to scale down the difficulty of normal mode for beginners because there is a mode already made specifically for them.

Easy Mode doesnt' explain things any different than the other modes.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#65AkuScornPosted 4/1/2012 3:08:34 PM

IReadForFun posted...

Nice blot of text. You wasted your time, since from your very first sentence you clearly haven't read anything I posted and are just venting. It would be a waste of my time to engage you in debate when you refuse to read anything that I've posted. 

You know, that's really rude. Who knows who this is directed towards, and because it's really vague it can be directed towards anyone who said no to your opinions.

But think about it. The fight with Yukiko is meant for you to start using the fusion cards out, while the Kanji fight makes you think about strategy, two things that greatly benefit the player throughout the whole game. So imagine if they adjusted these fights to be easier. What happens after you beat those two? The next not one, but two bosses are probably going to be the same level of difficulty, and new players will get defeated by that boss because the not two, but three bosses have been easy (Yosuke, and now Yukiko and Kanji). Don't you think that would frustrate the player more that after they get so far in the game, that they can't get past the double boss battle that is after that?

#66FScellPosted 4/1/2012 3:09:32 PM
Easy Mode doesnt' explain things any different than the other modes.

Most of what you've complained about is actually explained, and examples have been provided.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#67AkuScornPosted 4/1/2012 3:09:58 PM

I forgot that it wouldn't be three, but four. Sorry Chie I forgot about you.

#68SmashStrikePosted 4/1/2012 5:38:07 PM
Yo AkuScorn, you made a mistake in the quoting of your last post. You took something SazukeEX said and credited to IReadForFun instead.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#69AkuScornPosted 4/1/2012 6:29:29 PM

That's odd lol. When I checked it... Oh well.

#70DrakoVongola1Posted 4/1/2012 7:06:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]