Hopefully they "adjust" the Kanji and Yukiko fights...

#91FortecrossPosted 4/3/2012 9:00:08 PM
Shadow Mitsuo for whatever reason was the boss that drove me crazy on Expert Mode. ...It wasn't that he was hard, but more that I had the worst luck near the end of the battle.
---
The hammer gun from 4kids One piece is a weapon of mass destruction.
#92FScellPosted 4/3/2012 9:01:15 PM
Man I stumbled and tripped my way through Shadow Yukiko in Japanese, I think everyones got a pretty good shot with that fight.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#93FortecrossPosted 4/3/2012 9:05:02 PM(edited)
I think everybody here proved that the two fights are nothing more than a pain in the butt that can be easily resolved with the power of...LEARNINGGGG

This thread needs a epic conclusion..
---
#94SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 9:28:33 PM
soulstealer0990 posted...
Idk about you guys but Yukiko's shadow on hard is not hard. That fight is really easy once you got the boss' pattern down. Chie is the key to that fight. Kanji on the other hand... hardest boss ever. He was Mr. special and took me 3 dungeon runs to beat him. Trial and Error won that battle for me. SMT games are known for their games being tough anywayz :p

Of course Fuuka's scan is better then Rise's and Teddie's because her persona is a blind woman. Blind people tend to have better senses then non blind people. Rise's persona is more of a healer (tho she lacks alot of). Man, if you played P3, you can use the knowledge you learned from that game and apply it to P4. Like 70% of the shadows kept the same weaknesses from 3 anyways. I think the main issue here is that you guys don't grind enough. If your not the type to grind, "easy" mode is just but a click away.

That's a very weak excuse for why the gameplay was effected when the P3 version was superior than the P4 version when i t came to scanning. It was a step back, and hopefully P5 corrects this and improves the P3 version and ignores the pathetic P4 scanning system.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#95FScellPosted 4/3/2012 9:32:13 PM(edited)
I would say a large part of the step back probably had to do with the human controlled party.

In P3 a full scan of everything was useful in letting your AI know what they should be doing, they wouldn't experiment terribly well without it and would just keep throwing poor magic at whatever was in their way.

Or more often, wasting turns entirely and picking their noses.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.
#96DrakoMillifiorePosted 4/4/2012 3:18:59 AM
SazukeEX posted...
No it isn't. Fuuka's scanning system was much better and actually useful. You could play Persona 4 without Teddie/Rise being a supporter and the game would be identical.

-To other Poster-

Insults? Well, it's a good thing I care not what you say on the matter since you know nothing on the material up for debate. So I'll not even respond to your post, since I wont be wasting my time dealing with a child.

You realise this is pretty much the equivalent of a girl calling her ex boyfriend to tell him she's giving him the silent treatment, right?

Fuuka's scanning system wasn't much better, towards the middle of the game she can't decipher any boss's weaknesses until you experiment with it either, and she had the added benefit of causing you to lose a turn.
---
Official Co-leader of the Illuminati
Yes, I am a Christian. Don't like it? Get over it.
#97DrakoMillifiorePosted 4/4/2012 3:25:07 AM
Fortecross posted...
Shadow Mitsuo for whatever reason was the boss that drove me crazy on Expert Mode. ...It wasn't that he was hard, but more that I had the worst luck near the end of the battle.

I hated that fight so much >_<

Every time I got him down to what seemed like on turn away from death he pulled out megido(Laon?) and wiped my entire party like 3 times in a row >_<

Kunino Sagiri also gave me trouble, I neglected my party's S. Links so they took a while to break his spell and had very few issues with killing me.
---
Official Co-leader of the Illuminati
Yes, I am a Christian. Don't like it? Get over it.
#98SmashStrikePosted 4/4/2012 10:02:20 AM
Fuuka's scanning system wasn't much better, towards the middle of the game she can't decipher any boss's weaknesses

Yes she can. It's just invisible to the player but the AI knows everything about the boss so it's easy to follow their lead.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#99FortecrossPosted 4/4/2012 10:20:20 AM(edited)
Fuuka was only so flexible in abilities because the game needed it because of the fact that you couldn't take control of your party members(Note: Fuuka system was made during P3/FES era, not psp!). Heck, the game was pretty hard to the point where the developers were nice enough to give Fuuka abilities that could either help you or completely screw you over.

I think the only reason why Teddie and Rise are more in the "Find the abilities yourself" area is because P4 itself is already pretty easy 90% of the time. Asking for a easy enemy scan is like asking for the game to be 20% more easier than it already is by the fourth dungeon.

All of this talk about things being too "easy and hard" makes me wonder how people would do with the other Atlus games. ...If somebody is honestly going to complain about P4 then they should see the other games that would stab them too death.
---
#100SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 5:11:13 PM
DrakoMillifiore posted...
SazukeEX posted...
No it isn't. Fuuka's scanning system was much better and actually useful. You could play Persona 4 without Teddie/Rise being a supporter and the game would be identical.

-To other Poster-

Insults? Well, it's a good thing I care not what you say on the matter since you know nothing on the material up for debate. So I'll not even respond to your post, since I wont be wasting my time dealing with a child.

You realise this is pretty much the equivalent of a girl calling her ex boyfriend to tell him she's giving him the silent treatment, right?

Fuuka's scanning system wasn't much better, towards the middle of the game she can't decipher any boss's weaknesses until you experiment with it either, and she had the added benefit of causing you to lose a turn.

Bosses are rare compared to all the trash you encounter. Fuuka surpassed those two easily in that regard.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)