Just finished the PS2 version...

#12ylytPosted 4/4/2012 8:11:04 PM
Was great! I felt quite sad during the ending, but it was all good. I can't wait for The Golden! The ski trip will surely extend the period of the game and spice it up too! I
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#2TheStickMafiaPosted 4/4/2012 8:35:35 PM

You got the wrong ending if you were sad.

Here : www.giantbomb.com/guides/persona-4-ending...spoiler-free/1277/ 

#32ylyt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 8:53:56 PM
T'was sad in a good way.

SPOILERS-
I got the ending where Yu left to go back home :'D. Can someone post what are the endings?
---
#4Lucky_KrystalPosted 4/5/2012 12:46:47 AM

- MAJOR spoilers-

you got the bad ending if you threw Namatame into the TV. In that ending the world is still covered in fog. Nanako stays dead and you never catch the real killer. Yu goes back home afterwards.

You got the good ending if you calm everyone down and don't throw namatame into the TV. The game will continue from there and you go on to pursue the real killer. (this includes picking the right killer when prompted, otherwise you get another bad ending if I recall correctly).

for the true ending if you dont go home on the last day or something...Haven't gotten that far yet honestly, I still need to get here. The lovely link the person above posted tells you how to get each ending, with no spoilers at that. Very convienient, I used the same guide.

#5dethK10Posted 4/5/2012 2:23:57 AM
I'm sure it's been said a million times but it's worth saying once more. The way they handled the true ending is amazing. So clever, tricky to find, and adding a whole other dungeon, Persona and secret boss battle. I mean, they even try to talk you out of going to the last meeting. So tricky!
#6jazzmeister0Posted 4/5/2012 5:36:59 AM
Well, we can't really say which ending he got. All endings would result in Yu going home but the consequences of that differ. Considering you said that it was sad, I believe he did end it with Namatame dying in the TV World.

I do agree though that Atlus really made things harder to progress the story than what they did in P3. Searching for clues around town to learn stuff about the identity of the victims and killer is really hard compared to what you had to go through in P3.
#7AkuScornPosted 4/5/2012 9:58:29 PM

Well for all the ednings the main character does leave, so it does make it sad in a way.

#82ylyt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2012 5:05:22 AM
I got the true ending, the same one with the anime. T'was sad when everyone was trying to catch up with Yu's train, you can really see how tight their bond was as friends <3
---
#9KinectricPosted 4/6/2012 5:33:09 AM
The anime ending wasn't the true ending.
#10DrakoMillifiorePosted 4/6/2012 8:23:23 AM
dethK10 posted...
I'm sure it's been said a million times but it's worth saying once more. The way they handled the true ending is amazing. So clever, tricky to find, and adding a whole other dungeon, Persona and secret boss battle. I mean, they even try to talk you out of going to the last meeting. So tricky!

I agree, it was pretty cool how they did it. I have never seen a game try that hard to hide the true ending from everyone.
---
Official Co-leader of the Illuminati
Yes, I am a Christian. Don't like it? Get over it.