Sooooo...

#21KiraDEATHNOTEPosted 4/8/2012 8:58:04 AM
Strain42 posted...
Simple and short is fine so long as you're giving the correct information. Which your post didn't.

Then you misunderstood my answer. The name(s) given to the character is only for the manga and anime. In the game you can name him whatever you want.
#22oemzedPosted 4/8/2012 9:07:07 AM
TC: I don't understand!!! The name they gave the MC after the fact (were they even aware they were going to be giving him an official name at the time of the game's release) doesn't affect your game or what you name him. It's like your game, and the anime are alternate universes. The same general things happen, but the details change, like name, relationships, endings, etc! I do not understand the problem. :)
#23Strain42Posted 4/8/2012 9:10:36 AM
Then you misunderstood my answer. The name(s) given to the character is only for the manga and anime. In the game you can name him whatever you want.

No no, I got what you were saying, but it's still not correct.

1. You said official name, and then mentioned the manga. That's wrong just by itself. And
2. You also said not for the game, and while you probably were just referring directly to this game, his official name is already being used in a canon Atlus game with P4:A, so no, it's not just used for the anime
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#24simpletastePosted 4/8/2012 11:05:42 AM
In Legend of Zelda Link has a name but yet you get to choose your own
#25KiraDEATHNOTEPosted 4/8/2012 11:18:13 AM

If you know what I meant then there's no problem.

BTW, Atlus isn't making Persona 4: Arena. It's being developed by Arc System Works( under the supervision of the persona team). 

They got to give him a name for the fighting game. What you expected them to call him "???". 

#26Strain42Posted 4/8/2012 11:27:43 AM(edited)
It doesn't matter that ArcSys is doing the developing, it's still Atlus' project. They're still in charge of the story, and they're still the ones who gave him the name. They're the ones who said it was canon, and they're the ones with the final say in what's happening.

It being developed by ArcSys doesn't have any impact on anything the game offers.

And just because I personally understood what you were trying to say doesn't change the fact that you said it wrong, and not everybody is going to understand it.

You made a mistake. Admit it and move on. There's no point in arguing about this.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#27BakyuraPosted 4/8/2012 11:36:18 AM
Strain42 posted...
1. You said official name, and then mentioned the manga. That's wrong just by itself.
Well, technically it would be his official name for the manga, I mean yeah it's still not official overall and such (Especially with the anime and now Arena giving him a different name and what with Arena being a continuation...), but still.
#28KiraDEATHNOTEPosted 4/8/2012 1:07:04 PM

@ bakyura

Thank you for understanding...

#29KiraDEATHNOTEPosted 4/8/2012 1:12:08 PM

what part of "under the supervision of the persona team" did you not understand?

Whatever it's pointless taking to someone like you. Have a nice day sir.

#30FScellPosted 4/8/2012 1:24:52 PM
The correct answer was "My bad."

There, all of that solved in two words.
---
Would have liked to run tests on the sea shells.