Sooooo...

#31Strain42Posted 4/8/2012 2:00:56 PM(edited)
what part of "under the supervision of the persona team" did you not understand?

Understood it perfectly. The real question is why did you even bother mention ArcSys developing it since it's completely irrelevant to the conversation?

Like Cell said, this could have been avoided if you'd just said "My bad" and moved on.

Well, technically it would be his official name for the manga,

This is true. But the only way to claim official manga name would be to imply that the manga protagonist is a different character from the game and anime protagonists (which you can totally do. It's not necessarily wrong)

But it doesn't change that this was the initial sentence

The official name is just for the manga/anime not for the game.

Which is just plain incorrect. Partly because it also implies that the manga and anime name are the same. No matter what was meant by it, it doesn't change the fact that it's just plain wrong. And sadly the person who said it refuses to admit their mistake and chose to get defensive about it.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#32Doru_DinnPosted 4/8/2012 2:10:39 PM
Strain42 posted...
what part of "under the supervision of the persona team" did you not understand?

Understood it perfectly. The real question is why did you even bother mention ArcSys developing it since it's completely irrelevant to the conversation?

Like Cell said, this could have been avoided if you'd just said "My bad" and moved on.

Well, technically it would be his official name for the manga,

This is true. But the only way to claim official manga name would be to imply that the manga protagonist is a different character from the game and anime protagonists (which you can totally do. It's not necessarily wrong)

But it doesn't change that this was the initial sentence

The official name is just for the manga/anime not for the game.

Which is just plain incorrect. Partly because it also implies that the manga and anime name are the same. No matter what was meant by it, it doesn't change the fact that it's just plain wrong. And sadly the person who said it refuses to admit their mistake and chose to get defensive about it.

Relax, the person (said they are) gone and everyone else can understand the basic logic behind intellectual properties. If anyone actually "won" this it's you.
#33Strain42Posted 4/8/2012 3:32:54 PM
If anyone actually "won" this it's you.

I don't get into these debates for WINNING :O I do it to spread knowledge and truth throughout the forums

...or when I'm bored while drawing and need a distraction

...or when I've had a few

...and sometimes all of the above.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#34natchu96Posted 4/8/2012 8:12:20 PM
Strain42 posted...

I don't get into these debates for WINNING :O I do it to spread knowledge and truth throughout the forums

I usually avoid debates unless someone is blatantly wrong, but won't admit it.

Human pride is the source of almost all conflicts . . .
---
Never refer to me by the letters in my username. It's an account name I had during my early school days that stuck. It does not sound too good when pronounced.
#35Doru_DinnPosted 4/9/2012 2:02:39 PM
natchu96 posted...
Strain42 posted...

I usually avoid debates unless someone is blatantly wrong, but won't admit it.

Human pride is the source of almost all conflicts . . .

That's a self-defeating statement if I've ever seen one. I can't say I'm not guilty of the concept either though. XD
#36SkaldskaparmalPosted 4/9/2012 2:06:28 PM
aburame13 posted...
I dunno if it's just me, but I think it's lame that they chose to continue the story with a freaking fighting game...

I think it's lame that they chose to continue the story at all, since it was done, but hey, I guess it is a cash in game.