what makes shoji meguro's music awesome to you?

#11DynamicJumpIuffPosted 4/9/2012 4:44:16 PM
Meguro, like many other composers, tend to draw inspiration from other artist. Sometimes there will be a similar melody or maybe he'll even do a spin on an old favorite.
---
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif
#12ZaregotoTsukaiPosted 4/9/2012 5:07:10 PM
private400 posted...

yeah about that i have to ask,
was aria of the soul ever put on radio or cd 10 years ago ?
i ask because i know old people that have never even played a videogame in their life much less a jrpg, but they all swear that they heard that song before

or is this just a very crazy coincidence ?

I can't find any records of it being aired 10 years ago, hm. That picqued my interest so I have searched and asked, but was not able to find anything. If a lot of people you know were familiar with the song, surely at least one of em knows the song's name or the composer's name? I'd love to hear them. However, if it was close enough to be labeled 'plagiarized' , surely it would've been dealt with with at least a few article regarding the issue?
---
Nado Kakushimo Omohuramu..
#13private400(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 12:37:13 AM
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
Meguro, like many other composers, tend to draw inspiration from other artist. Sometimes there will be a similar melody or maybe he'll even do a spin on an old favorite.

i think youre right about shoji drawing inspiration from another song to make aria of the soul.

But imagine my surprise when i popped the P4 cd in and my mother and aunt both started to sing it along from the beginning
perfectly .

I went and cleaned my ears to make sure i wasn't mis hearing them

the sad thing is both of them can't for the life of them remember where they heard it from or who the composer is *sad face*

ps. they did not learn it from the game of that im convinced.
---
you don't really know a woman 'til you've had a strong drink and a fistfight with her. - nord wisdom from utgherd the unbroken
#14ZaregotoTsukaiPosted 4/10/2012 1:12:33 AM
I dug around 2ch, various bbs boards, but for the love of god, cannot find a thing regarding the composition of aria of the soul(Subete no hito no tamashiI no uta) and suspect of plagiarism, other than the fact it was composed 10 yrs ago when meguro suggested they arrange the bgm and add vocal to the original aria of the soul; or other song of his for that matter.

While its not hard for even your average Joe with some knowledge in those areas to follow and predict a song's melody through recognizing their chord structures and progression, his musics are not repetitive 8 bit electronic musics.
Even if it was from an inspiration, if it was similar enough for an average person recognize the melody, that can be labeled as plagiarized, and would have been dealt with; or at least a bIg rumor. Trust me, these kind of things emerge from the Internet at unbelievable speed, if true.

If on the very rare chance it's true, well, it'll cause a fire in the community.
---
Nado Kakushimo Omohuramu..
#15KOFXIIIPosted 4/10/2012 9:05:38 AM
diversity. while not my favorite composer, his different soundtracks are fun and interesting.