I can't believe some people are actually complaining about....

#1Frozen_MemoriesPosted 4/25/2012 12:48:35 AM
.... The art style being too cheery and bright.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? People are actually complaining about that? And the cover art too? Damn it people I'm starting to think some fans are becoming too spoiled by Atlus. Just compare your situation to other fanbases. FF fans are being milked by pointless DLC and the games they love are at the mercy of an overly pretentious d-bag. And don't even get me started on the DMC crowd...

So people, please just be happy that Persona isn't being butchered like other games. And stop complaining about trivial things.
---
God sees everything.........So stop jacking off........
#2Ryohazuki10469Posted 4/25/2012 12:57:15 AM
People are never satisfied and love to find the smallest things to complain about
---
PSN: DisRastamon MGO: RyoHazuki XBL: DIS Rastamon
#3Shunka ShuutouPosted 4/25/2012 4:27:13 AM(edited)
I respectfully disagree on the Final Fantasy series being butchered (and don't ask me more on this because I'm tired of discussing it), but yeah, people complaining about the tone of P4's art style is a big wtf to me too. It's like they played another version of P4 I'm not familiar with...
---
Take it easy!
#4HitagiPosted 4/25/2012 4:35:32 AM
Frozen_Memories posted...
And stop complaining about trivial things.

Maybe you should heed your own advice? :P
#5Frozen_Memories(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 4:56:03 AM
Hitagi posted...

I guess so... It just irritates me that people would complain over something like the art style.
---
God sees everything.........So stop jacking off........
#6PsychoDantisPosted 4/25/2012 5:09:37 AM

Hitagi posted...

I guess so... It just irritates me that people would complain over something like the art style of the promotional materials.

I feel like I should fix that. Nobody is complaining about the in-game art.
---
Yes, I am that good.
#7ZaregotoTsukaiPosted 4/25/2012 5:16:20 AM(edited)
Have they not played p3 or p4? If this is about the cover art, they're acting as if the game's graphics and the character arts have completely changed. It's only the cover art of the game for christ's sake; which still received praises nonetheless.
---
Nado Kakushimo Omohuramu..
#8KelvyDinchtPosted 4/25/2012 8:09:14 AM
Eww. I'd hate to see Atlus turn into something like SquareEnix in it's current state...

Anyways, P4 has always had a somewhat cheery anime style, which is why it now has an actual anime and probably why it's more popular than the dark P3. Also, it's not like the story is going to be changed majorly in The Golden. Though it may appear "too cheery" to some, it's still going to be the same murder mystery that we all know and love.
---
My favorite FFs: V, VIII, IX, and XIII.
#9Lelouch71Posted 4/25/2012 11:14:49 AM(edited)
Being milked by pointless DLC? DLC is meant to be optional content. You can choose to buy them or not. Let me guess you are the type that prefer International and Final Mixes that never leave Japan? DLC neutralize this. In fact, SE been handling their DLC with enough class thus far. More than I can say for Namdai and Capcom.

People like to complain. Hell you are complaining TC. Some could argue that this series is being butchered. There are old school megaten fans that hate the direction that P3/P4 took the Persona series in. Butchering is in the eye of the beholder.

With that said, I don't quite get the complaints about that either. P4 is a light-hearted game. It's arguably the most light-hearted game within the megaten franchise. P3 is also one of the more light-hearted megaten games as well. I laugh when people say it's dark. It has some dark themes but it's not really dark compare to other megaten entries.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#10oemzedPosted 4/25/2012 3:15:45 PM
The only complaints I've heard are the dancing in the commercial was weird and uncalled for (but, hey it's Japan! They eat that stuff up!) and that the cover art is poorly done. I haven't heard (read?) anyone say anything about the actual game or in-game art.