Not sure if this was said already...

#1LloydPacifistPosted 5/17/2012 4:29:32 PM
But does anyone wish Persona 4/ Persona 4 The Golden had the ability to let you switch party members during battles, and as long as all your members participated in the battle, they get EXP from it?

I mean, think about, in cutscenes, all your party members are there, but when you're doing the actual dungeon crawling, it's only the three other members you added to your party. I know it would've made leveling up everyone a little better, and everyone would be at the same level, instead of having a huge difference in levels for the party members you didn't use.
#2ZaregotoTsukaiPosted 5/17/2012 5:12:59 PM
That would make the game ridiculously easy to complete. They'd have to re tweak the whole difficulty to the point where the game forces you to utilize every party members then. 4 people is just enough.
---
Nado Kakushimo Omohuramu..
#3Strain42Posted 5/17/2012 7:51:55 PM
Experience is already scaled, so it's not like it's hard to take some weak party members and beef them up in a more powerful dungeon.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#4Doru_DinnPosted 5/17/2012 8:28:10 PM
Strain42 posted...
Experience is already scaled, so it's not like it's hard to take some weak party members and beef them up in a more powerful dungeon.

Ah, I remember when I used to hate experience scaling... Now it's just the scaling in DQ9. Who thought it would be a good idea to give the higher level characters the higher percentage of a set amount of experience!?
#52ylytPosted 5/17/2012 11:26:13 PM
Well look at Final Fantasy X. It's pretty tedious, if you ask me. Plus the Brotagonist can switch Persona's, so he's pretty much an elemental master, being able to strike the enemy with any lacking elemental attack.
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#6SunladisPosted 5/20/2012 4:50:18 AM

This. Besides, I actually dislike it when people not in your party gets EXP as well. Since I tend to switch party members depending on levels (I like to have an evenly leveled party), it would give me no incentive to switch members.
---
The average intelligence of a fandom is inversely proportional to its size.
#7Kumori_no_YoruPosted 5/20/2012 5:02:43 AM

This. Besides, I actually dislike it when people not in your party gets EXP as well. Since I tend to switch party members depending on levels (I like to have an evenly leveled party), it would give me no incentive to switch members.

I'm pretty much like this with any RPG, unless if it's a character I loathe... then they get shoved off to the side.

Aside from that, I don't see any need to allow players to switch party members in when 4 is more than enough.
---
PSN ID: Neophoton
Not on all the time, so leave a friend request and I'll get to it whenever~!
#8natchu96Posted 5/20/2012 4:10:22 PM
I think only the Devil Survivor scenario and other situations like that warrants in-battle party changes. Definitely not Persona.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Board