I have a question - please answer

#1RKOMe2011Posted 5/19/2012 12:00:33 PM
I am getting The Golden in October usually I get every SMT game I think this will be about my 14th or my 15th SMT.

I have all 3 versions of Persona 3 and I still have Persona 4.

Anyway I have a question concerning the Golden they said that this game will have Full Voice does this mean that the MC will also have a Voice or is he still the mindless mute as with most SMT games or RPGs games in general.

The days of the Mindless Muted MCs need to be over with this should have ended on the days of the PS2 for some reason the Mutey MCs still exsist.

They showed with games such as Mass Effect & Dragon Age that the main MC can be Voiced but yet your own character your actions make the MC.

I can understand on older machines such as the NDS where it dosent have the power to make the MC full voice but a big power machine like the Vita no there is no excuse.

Let me guess the MC is still a Mutey and only your party and others are full voice.
#2FireDragoon18Posted 5/19/2012 12:19:49 PM
Yeah, he's still mute. I don't see how that's a problem, but to each their own.
---
"I believe the proper phrase here is, 'You Fail'"-Miles Edgeworth
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#3thanatos715Posted 5/19/2012 12:23:01 PM
Of course he'll still be silent, they're adding dialogue, not rewriting the entire game. The point of a silent protagonist is immersion, to put you into the character. Sure Bioware does it they're way, and I'm glad it works, but SMT has a history of you being a silent protagonist making decisions. The mute protagonist takes away the chance of you hating the character, it let's you project him however you like. There's no room for hating his actions because they are your choice, and they have your voice guiding them.

The silent protagonist is beautiful in its simplicity. You are the character. Simple as that, there's no voice to him because you need to use your own voice. The Mindless Muted MC is you. If you don't have any character to put behind that, there's not much anyone can tell you, but if you take the character and try to immerse yourself, it becomes an amazingly beautiful thing.
#4HighIQPosted 5/19/2012 12:23:20 PM
I agree with Fire. I prefer the MC to not be voiced. It's more immersive that way. Easier to imagine the main character is myself.
---
It doesn't matter if you teleport with a wand or a transporter. It's still magic....
#5RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 12:23:27 PM
It dosent bother me as Persona 4 was one of my all time favs I just wish that all MCs had a voice but they are still some MCs that are a mutey such as Two Worlds and this game.

I will get this game I wanan see the new upgrades, the new cutscenes and all the other goodies.

I also hear that they are new locations in Inaba but I dont know about that yet.
#6SmashStrikePosted 5/19/2012 12:27:06 PM
TC, if you wanna see Yu talk, check out Persona 4: Arena. He talks there.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#7Strain42Posted 5/19/2012 12:59:55 PM
I also hear that they are new locations in Inaba but I dont know about that yet.

Dunno if they're adding anything new in Inaba, but they are adding access to that city that they go to during a few social links and stuff. So I don't think there's anything new in Inaba, but there will be new areas to explore.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#8RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 6:26:46 PM
I am hoping for a better True Ending or an Extended Cut ending that shows us new things never before seen.

I know t hat Arena has Yu talking also Arena shows the reunion with the others so I am difenatly picking up that game also mainly to see how how well Persona transfers from RPG to Fighter.

Also isnt Aegis from P3 suppose to be in Arena and the MC from P3 I know they are other characters other than P4.

I am ok with the mutey MC I wish it was a voiced MC but I have those with Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

Yeah your right it wouldnt be the same Persona without the mutey MC also it wouldnt feel right anymore with the Voiced MC.

Somethings belong somethings dont.

This will mark my 14th or 15th SMT game.

Least favs Strange Journey & Devil Survivor 2
#9Strain42Posted 5/19/2012 6:35:22 PM(edited)
Also isnt Aegis from P3 suppose to be in Arena and the MC from P3 I know they are other characters other than P4.

Aigis is, and so is Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Elizabeth (and people argue that the new character, Labrys is a P3 character because she was mentioned by name in a P3 Drama CD, but Arena will be her first actual appearance with a voice and face)

No, the MC is not in Arena, though he is an alternate color option for Yu.

If you want new stuff, Golden is gonna have that too, but not after the true ending. Apparently they're just gonna have some stuff in the months between December and March. They said there'd be battles, but we don't know anything beyond that. The characters go on a ski trip.

Arena takes place two months after P4 ended, so there's not a lot there.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/