Am I the only one who doesn't like Kanji?

#1saturn_frogurtPosted 5/21/2012 8:24:06 AM
I honestly found his meathead behaviour and angst about not being manly enough despite being able to curbstomp an entire biker gang to be irritating.

*awaits essay on how Yosuke is 10 times worse*
---
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.
#2Strain42Posted 5/21/2012 8:32:24 AM
...well now that you've ruined the surprise... -throws the essay away...and the extra credit assignment-

I personally love Kanji, but it's understandable that someone else wouldn't. And no, Persona 4 has sold well over 100,000 copies, the odds of you being the only one who dislikes Kanji is pretty damn slim.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#3SpacePirateSealPosted 5/21/2012 8:44:50 AM
People only hate Kanji because they never actually explored the character (via making him lunch and hanging out with him during/after school, and on weekends.... Also HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE KANJI!!!!!!!!! He beats down enemies with a folding chair... And a desk... But never a shield....
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
SFxT: Vega x Lars Yoshimitsu x Paul Blanka x Lili
#4GuiltyGearGodPosted 5/21/2012 9:18:51 AM
Love Kanji. Actually found Teddie to be the most annoying. He's a nice bear and all, but he gets way too pervy sometimes. The existential stint was nice character development, but it feels like he forgets it himself a lot, so he flips between child-like giddiness and angst over self-identity like a cell phone.

That being said, you could make the argument that all of your party members can get easily forgotten in character development except for Teddie. That's because the game relies on the social links for that development, and Teddie's is the only one you can't miss.
---
Thou shalt not think that any man over the age of 30 that plays with a child that is not his own is a pedophile. Some people are just nice.
#5FuyukiOsariPosted 5/21/2012 9:40:20 AM
GuiltyGearGod posted...
The existential stint was nice character development, but it feels like he forgets it himself a lot, so he flips between child-like giddiness and angst over self-identity like a cell phone.
Real people can be like that, too, though.
---
Don't worry. I will always be by your side...
#6BakyuraPosted 5/21/2012 9:44:03 AM
It's weird, Kanji is the only party member I don't really like completely.

I still like him a lot but most of the time for me he's just there if that makes sense.
#7PsychoDantisPosted 5/21/2012 10:00:57 AM
I liked all of Persona 4's characters. Easily my favourite cast overall in a videogame.
---
Yes, I am that good.
#8Strain42Posted 5/21/2012 10:35:55 AM
People only hate Kanji because they never actually explored the character (via making him lunch and hanging out with him during/after school, and on weekends....

OR...they just have this thing called an opinion and didn't find Kanji appealing.

I'm not one of them, but I understand it.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#9SmashStrikePosted 5/21/2012 10:40:50 AM
Also HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE KANJI!!!!!!!!! He beats down enemies with a folding chair... And a desk... But never a shield....

Kanji has several Shield weapons, perhaps most notably the Aegis Shield which gives him +10 Endurance.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#10IniMineyPosted 5/21/2012 2:15:26 PM
god tier
Kanji, Naoto
good tier
Chie, Yosuke
okay but annoying tier
Teddie, Rise
why are you even in the game tier
Yukiko
---