C/D: If You Buy This Game, It Will Be Used

#1kingkatimariPosted 5/24/2012 9:36:19 PM
C

I'm sick of Atlus milking Persona, and the SMT name as a whole. If I thought there would have been a chance for me to find DS2 used, I would have bought that used too.
---
He'll get scared and call Mom, "Mom, some lad hacked me"- golden_lucario
#2demonsword765Posted 5/24/2012 9:49:16 PM
D. Already pre-ordered on A-MA-ZON!
---
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/841/be12546771e0f1be3d8f7d2.jpg
Morning Rescue, official drink of Puella Magi!
#3LinkofHyrule991Posted 5/24/2012 10:03:36 PM
If you're so upset about this why buy it at all?
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#4kingkatimari(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 10:18:10 PM
If you're so upset about this why buy it at all?

I doubt I will buy it, but just because I don't like a company doesn't mean that I don't like their games. Buying a game used prevents me from supporting them, while still allowing me to play the game.
---
He'll get scared and call Mom, "Mom, some lad hacked me"- golden_lucario
#5Doru_DinnPosted 5/25/2012 12:17:57 AM
kingkatimari posted...
C

I'm sick of Atlus milking Persona, and the SMT name as a whole. If I thought there would have been a chance for me to find DS2 used, I would have bought that used too.

Really? I mean, yeah they are, for this one. But they're still developing completely new games. A lot of the remakes are actually pretty old as far as the medium goes, anyway. It's not like they're deciding to release a DS game for wii nearly unchanged, putting the same game on every console, or any of that. Atlus isn't real big. You're killing your chances of getting more and better games by cutting the support for their titles with reliable predictability.

How petty. If you don't like it don't get it. Don't act like you're being noble.

D, twice actually. Digital as well. I want to support a company I enjoy the games from.
#6SnoopydancePosted 5/25/2012 6:58:21 AM
D. It's not milking to me, it's making an awesome game available on a new platform with extras. I'm not opposed to ports at all except when it's stuff like terrible phone versions of games (looking at you RE4)
---

#7DBSabataPosted 5/25/2012 8:43:15 AM
Depends on what you consider used. If I can, I'm going to try to rent it from GameFly and purchase that copy from them. And for the record, I don't consider it milking. I would if it were a simple HD rerelease, but it isn't. It's an actual remake with improvements.
#8gb094Posted 5/25/2012 9:28:30 AM
TC fails at distinguishing remakes from remastered editions.
What a pity, instead of looking like "I'm so not gonna fall for consumism" you made yourself look like "Me are genius!"
#9Strain42Posted 5/25/2012 9:54:59 AM(edited)
D, because I support a developer that both makes good games and listens to its audience.

Hashino said a few years ago that they had no plans to re-release P4 unless enough people showed interest. Well clearly that happened and that's where we are.

They've also showed evidence of listening to fans by adding the option of the original soundtrack in the P2 games after the negative feedback to P1

And any time they do make ports or remakes of a recent game (which I will admit, has been quite high lately) they at least try to add enough new content to make people feel better about buying it (FeMC route, 8th Day, Extra Story in this game and what we can only assume is a decently sized sub-plot with Marie, etc. etc.)

And even when they don't have to, they add stuff. Eternal Punishment now has a whole new subplot. They didn't have to include that.

Obviously Atlus is a business, and their first priority is to make money. But they're a company I have no quarrels about giving my money because they release frequent quality titles and listen to their fans. (and usually release some good swag with their stuff too)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#10Lelouch71Posted 5/25/2012 10:01:20 AM
It depends on how much money I have to spare. If I find myself a new job by then I will likely buy it new.

I don't like that they are milking the hell out of this game, but I still like Atlus as a company. They haven't sold out and threw their other megaten fans under the bus just to appease the P3/P4 only crowd who don't give a crap about anything except those games and P5.

Even though I'm in the minority at least I'm still getting cater to with Eternal Punishment and Soul Hackers. Plus Devil Survivor 2 just recently came out.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."