This game left a good impression on me

#1Super SlashPosted 5/25/2012 8:25:39 AM
I think it's one of those games that I will always remember fondly. I used to think I preferred P3, but P4 just did everything so well (except arguably the murder mystery). The characters, the setting, the music, the not-so-redundant dungeons, etc.

I know P4 gets far too much attention, and this thread isn't helping that, but it's not often a video game leaves a lasting impression like this. Who else feels this way?

My biggest complaints with the game are how many false endings you get, as well as how forced/tacked on the true ending path felt.
#2HighLight43Posted 5/25/2012 8:29:13 AM
I feel pretty much the same way, except for the fact that I never preferred Persona 3. Persona 4 was always on top for me.
#3PsychoDantisPosted 5/25/2012 9:08:54 AM
Persona 3 and 4 both left a tremendously positive impression on me. Two of my favourite games of all time.
---
Also, check out my awesome new iOS game! : http://youtu.be/SZaDm94mOq0
#4Modest_ModsoulPosted 5/25/2012 9:17:27 AM
For me, Yakuza 2.

That game makes me afraid for almost letting really-really underrated-overlooked great games unnoticed.
---
SPREAD THE WORDS!!!
PS3 exclusive game YAKUZA DEAD SOULS English version released in March 13th 2012!!!
#5FireDragoon18Posted 5/25/2012 9:25:24 AM
Persona 3 and 4 both left a tremendously positive impression on me. Two of my favourite games of all time.

Agreed.

Persona 4 is unquestionably my favorite game of all time.
---
"I believe the proper phrase here is, 'You Fail'"-Miles Edgeworth
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#6Strain42Posted 5/25/2012 9:27:01 AM
P3 did for me, honestly after the bond I made with that game, 4 really felt like a let down for me (not saying it's bad, just that to me, outside of gameplay, it did very few things better than 3)

Other games that left long lasting impressions on me are Legend of Mana, Bioshock, Saints Row 2 and Riviera: The Promised Land (though this one was actually a negative impression, as this was the game that made me come to the realization that I could no longer stomach the vast majority of JRPGs)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#7SmashStrikePosted 5/25/2012 9:38:08 AM
P3 did for me, honestly after the bond I made with that game, 4 really felt like a let down for me (not saying it's bad, just that to me, outside of gameplay, it did very few things better than 3)

That. Other games I fell in love with are Phoenix Wright: TT, Paper Mario TYD, Kingdom Hearts (series), and Time Splitters.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#8Strain42Posted 5/25/2012 9:40:46 AM
Oh yeah, how could I forget about the Ace Attorney series? Definitely add that one to the list.

I still remember the first day I played Justice for All. Couldn't put the DS down until I cleared the first case.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#9Lelouch71Posted 5/25/2012 9:52:01 AM
Both P3 and P4 left a good impression which led to me playing P2 which ended up being my all time favorite game surpassing Xenogears.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#10KinectricPosted 5/25/2012 12:39:24 PM
Strain42 posted...

Other games that left long lasting impressions on me are Legend of Mana, Bioshock, Saints Row 2 and Riviera: The Promised Land (though this one was actually a negative impression, as this was the game that made me come to the realization that I could no longer stomach the vast majority of JRPGs)

Outside of gameplay, one of the most important things to a GAME, it did very few things better than 3.

Okay.

I'm just really not a fan of 3. It's a good game, but the story wasn't very good (generic world's going to end story, oh boy. At least Persona 4 did something semi-new, even if it didn't do it the greatest), and none or the characters (except probably Aegis) were likable. I came out of Persona 4 liking all of the characters, and I felt they genuinely cared for each other. In Persona 3 I just didn't like any of the characters, and actually hated a few. They all just seem to conveniently live in the same dorm, occasionally fight some enemies in a tower, then do their own thing until the next time there's enemies to fight. It didn't seem like a cohesive team, but rather a bunch of individuals fighting next to each other.
---
Saa, Omae no Tsumi wo Kazoero!