SMT Games...

#1Captin_TerorPosted 5/25/2012 6:29:10 PM
So guys, I'm really becoming a fan of SMT games. I've played P3 and loved it, and I already preordered P4. Any other games i should play?
---
Looking forward to: Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3: Abscence of Detention , FFX HD, Bioshock Infinite,Starhawk, and Assassin's Creed III,
PSN: CasualSnoopy
#2Strain42Posted 5/25/2012 6:51:44 PM
If you like the newer Persona games, maybe you'll enjoy the Devil Survivor series. That's sort of a halfway point between the wackiness of the Persona series with the more serious nature of other MegaTen games.

Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are both really solid RPGs with good story, characters and visuals. I recommend those.

I personally love the two Raidou Devil Summoner games, but they aren't for everyone (action RPG combat, the first one is pretty mediocre gameplay wise, but the story is good, and the sequel improves on a lot of things)

And of course there's also Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and (while not announced yet, but soon) Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PSP. The second one is fine, but the first one can be a bit hard to recommend. No matter what you decide on the earlier Persona games, you HAVE to go into them with the knowledge that they are NOTHING like the newer titles. So you won't get yourself set up for disappointment.

If you're into fighting games, Persona 4 Arena is gonna be out soon. It's a canon sequel to Persona 4, so you might wanna play P4 first.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#3RPGman1Posted 5/25/2012 7:40:51 PM
*Obligatory suggestion that you need to play Nocturne*

Oh, and the games Strain suggested. Honestly, pretty much the entire series is great.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#4Lelouch71Posted 5/25/2012 9:02:39 PM
-Persona 1 PSP
-Persona 2: Innocent Sin PSP
-Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP (coming soon)
-Digital Devil Saga 1 PS2
-Digital Devil Saga 2 PS2
-Nocturne PS2
-Strange Journey DS
-Devil Survivor Overclocked 3DS
-Devil Survivor 2 DS
-Soul Hackers 3DS (coming soon)
-Raidou 1 PS2
-Raidou 2 PS2
-Shin Megami Tensei 1 (fan translation)
-Shin Megami Tensei 2 (fan translation)

These are all the megaten titles that are currently (or will eventually be) available in English. They are all good games. DDS is a good transition if you enjoyed P3. Devil Survivor is another good choice since it has more focus on the characters like the Persona series but represent the megaten franchise much better than P3/P4 (well not so much Devil Survivor 2) as far theme goes. Raidou is another good game to check out if you want an action based game to play.

Persona 2 is my personal favorite and I would easily recommend if you aren't spoiled by the PS2 and PS3/360 era of games. I would only suggest P1, SMT1, SMT2, Nocturne, and SJ if you are want a hardcore dungeon crawler.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#5fatwiz123Posted 5/25/2012 10:53:47 PM
Nothing on PS2 or DS outside of Nocturne or Strange Journey are actual SMT titles... Most of these are either MI (or its descendants), or DDS or DS.
---
SMT is my love.
#6Dragard_KaosPosted 5/25/2012 11:30:12 PM
Play all of them =D
---
http://megidoladyne.webs.com/ <- My up and coming Shin Megami Tensei fansite. Latest SMT news ^^
UMVC3: Zero(a) / C. Viper(b) / Dr. Doom(b)
#7Qwesar23464Posted 5/28/2012 6:44:06 PM
Just a quick question while we are on the subject: Does Raidou have good characterization? Or is it mostly vacant on that, like Nocturne?
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me R. Wolf
#8FScellPosted 5/28/2012 6:56:55 PM
Most of his character is in his hat.

Unlike Nocturne, however, there is a fairly entertaining supporting cast.
---
Stay awhile, and listen.
#9Strain42Posted 5/28/2012 7:39:51 PM
His hat contains the bad-assness of a thousand other JRPG characters.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#10Qwesar23464Posted 5/28/2012 8:46:57 PM
FScell posted...
Most of his character is in his hat.

Unlike Nocturne, however, there is a fairly entertaining supporting cast.

That is certainly one hat I want to know more about. I'm totally in if I can find a copy for less than $100.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me R. Wolf