So this will probably be standard priced right?

#1Super_MooRioPosted 5/26/2012 9:10:41 PM
For a game you could get for $10 or less on the Ps2?

How much content are they adding and will it justify the pricetag of $40?
#2Doru_DinnPosted 5/26/2012 9:22:03 PM
I dare you to get persona 4 on the ps2 for less than 15.
#3Strain42Posted 5/26/2012 9:47:19 PM
More than your average fighting game is adding to justify a $10 lower price tag :P

Also, for a lot of people this is gonna be their first time experiencing Persona 4. Why shouldn't this game be a standard price release?

If you wanna buy the four year old PS2 version, go right ahead. But just because the PS2 one exists doesn't mean this game should automatically be cheaper.

When Bioshock got ported to the PS3 they didn't cheapen it up just because the 360 version already existed.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#4Super_MooRio(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 10:35:57 PM
Strain42 posted...
More than your average fighting game is adding to justify a $10 lower price tag :P

Also, for a lot of people this is gonna be their first time experiencing Persona 4. Why shouldn't this game be a standard price release?

If you wanna buy the four year old PS2 version, go right ahead. But just because the PS2 one exists doesn't mean this game should automatically be cheaper.

When Bioshock got ported to the PS3 they didn't cheapen it up just because the 360 version already existed.

But Bioshock was a current gen game...

An example of P4 going to Vita is Resident Evil 4 or Beyond Good and Evil going to XBLA/PSN...

Mortal Kombat I assume is the game you are taking a shot at, fair enough but that game is current gen... I have not played it Blazblue or UMVC3 if you are referring to these but they are all current gen.

How is the 4 year old PS2 version drastically different from what this one will be minus some added content?
#5OctilleryPosted 5/26/2012 10:46:10 PM
Do you really think the creators of Persona 4 only deserve the same price of a Ke$ha album for their masterpiece of a game?

cheap ass.
---
This is the Octillery that ISN'T joyrock.
#6Super_MooRio(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 10:48:19 PM
Octillery posted...
Do you really think the creators of Persona 4 only deserve the same price of a Ke$ha album for their masterpiece of a game?

cheap ass.

Quality is subjective... They are basically porting and adding a little content... Retouching a recent game.

The game is last gen... MGS collection Vita has 2 games (4 if you include MG1 and 2)... for the same price.
#7FScellPosted 5/26/2012 10:59:40 PM(edited)
Everything you've listed so far are straight ports to a new system, no new content. Not great comparisons.

As for the extent of the content, judging by what we've seen so far I'd imagine that it's at least comparable to a few standard DLC packs. Plus what will probably be a lot of minor incidental scenes throughout the rest of the game.
---
Stay awhile, and listen.
#8PsychoDantisPosted 5/27/2012 12:46:50 AM
Honestly, if you consider the PS2 one, it's probably not worth the full price tag.

If that bothers you, then I suggest you don't buy it. Personally, I will be because my Vita is currently a very expensive paper weight.
---
Also, check out my awesome new iOS game! : http://youtu.be/SZaDm94mOq0
#9natchu96Posted 5/27/2012 1:02:20 AM
FScell posted...
Everything you've listed so far are straight ports to a new system, no new content. Not great comparisons.

As for the extent of the content, judging by what we've seen so far I'd imagine that it's at least comparable to a few standard DLC packs. Plus what will probably be a lot of minor incidental scenes throughout the rest of the game.

The content they're adding is also requiring a script rewrite and probably new voices, and a ton of animation as is.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Board
#10Sakura_RailgunPosted 5/27/2012 1:25:28 AM(edited)
Ocarina of Time 3D was full price for the 3DS, and that had significantly less new content than this game does. Either way, if you don't feel it's worth the money, then don't buy it. You could always pick it up used for cheaper if you want, later down the road.