What if Atlus included Persona based on Internet memes in P5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. What if Atlus included Persona based on Internet memes in P5?

User Info: saturn_frogurt

saturn_frogurt
4 years ago#1
Would we see the likes of Nyan Cat, Pedobear and Uncle Dolan?
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.

User Info: FScell

FScell
4 years ago#2
No.
Stay awhile, and listen.

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
4 years ago#3
Can't say I'd wanna see that, but Atlus USA has already started using quite a few internet jokes. Devil Survivor 2 had the most notable examples with "Cool story, Joe" "Awwww yyyyyyyeah" and...coulda sworn there was a third one. Can't remember it.

I remember reading once someone suggested the Persona "world" of P5 could be an MMO game. I could see something like that working out.
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/

User Info: Raven236

Raven236
4 years ago#4
Robotnik be in there using his mames.
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura

User Info: Kinectric

Kinectric
4 years ago#5
Strain42 posted...
Can't say I'd wanna see that, but Atlus USA has already started using quite a few internet jokes. Devil Survivor 2 had the most notable examples with "Cool story, Joe" "Awwww yyyyyyyeah" and...coulda sworn there was a third one. Can't remember it.

I remember reading once someone suggested the Persona "world" of P5 could be an MMO game. I could see something like that working out.

First time you meet Joe he says "Hey, you mad?"

I dunno if that was based on the meme or if he was legitimately asking though...
Saa, Omae no Tsumi wo Kazoero!

User Info: Sunladis

Sunladis
4 years ago#6
Reference in dialogue? Yes (The characters are modern teenagers, after all). Actual Persona? Hell no.
The average intelligence of a fandom is inversely proportional to its size.

User Info: FScell

FScell
4 years ago#7
I don't mind reference in dialogue so much, someone clearly had a lot of fun directing the DS2 localization and it turned out pretty well because of it. It's a big reason why I loved, and miss, Working Designs so much.

But I don't want to see absurdly shoehorned in Personae.
Stay awhile, and listen.

User Info: t260saga

t260saga
4 years ago#8
I won't mind seeing Fatlus

User Info: Tayo2345

Tayo2345
4 years ago#9
Used in dialogue? ... Ugh. I guess. As long as they're good memes and not rage face memes.

As Personas? That is, quite honestly, the dumbest suggestion I have ever heard for any game ever.
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.

User Info: SharmHedgehog

SharmHedgehog
4 years ago#10
Random NPC: Dude, I think you need to stop being so goofy. People might think you're trying to cheat them.
Comic Relief Party Member: Goofy? Please.
R.I.P. fungivore, 2012-2012
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. What if Atlus included Persona based on Internet memes in P5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived