So Atlus will make persona 3 anime..

#111ShippoyashaPosted 6/12/2012 10:56:00 PM
If more people wake up to the fact the series is being milked, fewer people will stand for it, and it will become less profitable. So yes, "crying" is one of the best ways to address the problem.

I respectfully disagree. Persona as a property is still gaining traction. It's a fallacy to say that the series' popularity and people knowing about it has peaked when Persona 3 and 4 originally came out. There's a whole new generation and a new legion of players who hasn't played the series yet. To them it's not milking of anything. It's their new introduction.

And like others have said, releasing a few of these re-releases once per year is really not a big deal. In the meantime, they still managed to create a ton of new Shin Megami Tensei titles for the DS/3DS and Atlus has managed to survive the gaming environment where a lot of other series are struggling (like the Tales series which is always in a dog fight to be profitable at all).

Sorry to say, but I don't think there's some welling angst about Atlus about this. I think most gamers realize they have to shore up some money and finances if they're going to make stuff like a high def console game. Persona 5 is definitely coming and their strategy worked as I see it.

I just don't see Atlus as some Activision-esque mega-corporation that just milks games because they can and because they're evil. Atlus has always been in survival mode. The gaming industry doesn't just plop out games like it's nothing after all. Each game takes years to create and each game takes millions of dollars just to create it, no less market and distribute it.
---
Rest in Peace, my beloved dog and family member 1999-2011
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mppi0/can_you_guess_the_gender/
#112_Matt_Engarde_Posted 6/13/2012 6:44:40 PM
Someone probably already addressed this, but...

HOW WILL THEY COVER THE SOCIAL LINKS IN JUST ONE MOVIE!?
---
The official Metatron of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and the official Matt Engarde of every board.
#113Sakura_RailgunPosted 6/13/2012 10:39:16 PM
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...

Do they have to? They didn't really cover them in the P4 anime, and the ones they did cover were done rather half-assed.
#114Fourth_BonkuraPosted 6/15/2012 3:17:16 AM
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Wait.

They made a Persona 4 movie? Why was I not informed? Was it the true end?
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#115TB_KitePosted 6/19/2012 3:38:39 PM
Sakura_Railgun posted...
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...

Do they have to? They didn't really cover them in the P4 anime, and the ones they did cover were done rather half-assed.

The only half-assed on I'd say was Hanged Man, others like Moon and such may have only gotten a single episode but then we really don't need to drag out every S.Link for a full experience.
#116FScellPosted 6/19/2012 5:20:22 PM
Now I really want a totally arbitrary scene in P5 wherein they namedrop the character just to stomp over the Minato fan name.
---
Stay awhile, and listen.