Soo euhhh....Did SONY/Atlus annouce this game too early?

#11joeman6Posted 6/16/2012 4:46:25 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
GeassMaster posted...
Anime-ToL posted...
demonsword765 posted...
The game came out in Japan Yesterday, right now speculated release date is October 30th. That's 4 months, it's actually one of the quicker localizations Atlus USA has done.

Amazon speculated the date being the 30th. I got the e-mail to prove it.

Which is a REALLY terrible release date considering that Assassin's Creed III: Liberation comes out on the same day according to GameSpot. P4G doesn't need that kind of competition on the same release day.

I'm pretty sure that most people who are buying P4G aren't very interested in AC3:Liberation.

I love not being most people.

So do I.
---
I will keep this signature until a PS4 is released started 25/6/2011 Australian time. PSN: pluto-3_ http://backloggery.com/joeman6
#12Anime-ToLPosted 6/16/2012 1:52:15 PM
joeman6 posted...
grand_kaizer posted...
GeassMaster posted...
I'm pretty sure that most people who are buying P4G aren't very interested in AC3:Liberation.

So do I.

As do I...

...but it could deter a minority of the people possibly interested in both, and in terms of sales Atlus could use all that they can get. Plus publicity efforts will be overshadowed by Liberation (which makes things even worse considering the Vita itself is often overshadowed by everything else in the gaming media), so people that could've become fans if they'd heard about the game will never get the opportunity, and hence, lost sales.
#13Strain42Posted 6/16/2012 2:03:55 PM(edited)
It's being released in the Fall, almost any game release day is gonna have some big triple A title to overshadow Persona 4 Golden.

Even the old release date, October 23rd had them up against Medal of Honor, and rumored Grand Theft Auto V and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

FES was released the same day as Mario Kart Wii, and Persona PSP came out the same day as Halo 3 ODST (I just remember those ones because I went into GameStop to pick up a pre-order and the clerks assumed those were the ones I wanted)

They even pushed back Strange Journey's stateside release so that it wouldn't come out the same day as FFXIII.

It is true though, your average Persona fan isn't going to care about Assassin's Creed and your average Assassin's Creed fan isn't going to care about Persona. Yeah, ACIII could hurt Golden's sales some, but if it wasn't gonna be AC it was gonna be something else.

I'm personally done with AC now that they've moved away from Ezio.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#14supermegachaosPosted 6/16/2012 2:19:57 PM
Anime-ToL posted...
joeman6 posted...
grand_kaizer posted...
GeassMaster posted...

So do I.

As do I...

...but it could deter a minority of the people possibly interested in both, and in terms of sales Atlus could use all that they can get. Plus publicity efforts will be overshadowed by Liberation (which makes things even worse considering the Vita itself is often overshadowed by everything else in the gaming media), so people that could've become fans if they'd heard about the game will never get the opportunity, and hence, lost sales.

*sings*

AS DO I!!!
---
---Objection!!!----
#151337w334b00Posted 6/16/2012 4:22:29 PM
EmiHinata posted...
How does this take 4 months to localize....

They already have like 70% of the script translated.

They have other products, though, and they have to record quite a bit of new lines as well as rerecord all of Chie and Teddie's lines.

Did they get rid of the terrible Chie actress that sounds like she's 28?
#16Anime-ToLPosted 6/16/2012 4:35:06 PM
1337w334b00 posted...
EmiHinata posted...

They have other products, though, and they have to record quite a bit of new lines as well as rerecord all of Chie and Teddie's lines.

THANK YOU. Someone that agrees.

But yes they did, but it was mostly because they couldn't get her to play the role. I think they replaced her with someone with talent.
---
PSN: Jumendez-sama
#17EmiHinataPosted 6/16/2012 11:01:57 PM

I disagree that she was awful AND that she sounded old; I've had friends at 16 years old that sounded as if they were in their thirties. That being said, yes; Chie and Teddie are both replaced.
---
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
#18Shaded_PhoenixPosted 6/17/2012 12:39:47 AM
Anime-ToL posted...
Which is a REALLY terrible release date considering that Assassin's Creed III: Liberation comes out on the same day according to GameSpot. P4G doesn't need that kind of competition on the same release day.

Actually, that might be intentional. Remember, this is the Vita's early days. It's install base isn't so high, so there is reason to get a number of really good games in a small timeframe, to boost interest.

Why do I say this? For me, Persona 4G + AC:L = I should probably consider getting this system.
---
The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
#19AvantrePosted 6/17/2012 11:20:41 PM
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
For me, Persona 4G + AC:L = I should probably consider getting this system.

Same here, actually - those two games will probably be the tipping point to convince me to buy a vita system: I could maybe resist one, but having them come out at the same time doubles the temptation.
#20yukitoPosted 6/18/2012 6:54:56 AM
squills29 posted...

I love when people think things like localization are so easy.
---
Wouldn't it be nice if we were just normal people, yeah?
-Yusketeers