You got your wish.....

#61rascal45Posted 6/19/2012 3:01:57 PM
You people act like this is the first time Atlus listened to folks who complained about game difficulty. You remembered Catherine? Apparently, Atlus got complaints that the game was too hard FOR THE JAPANESE USERBASE! As a result, that game was patched. Of course, everyone else got a patched version of a patched game.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/CGrascal/12008103.jpg
#62WerzaquePosted 6/19/2012 5:42:39 PM(edited)
TheGreekWarrior posted...

Shadow Yukiko was beatable, everyone has finished the game and beat her.
I hope the nerfing-stats work only for easy mode.

The nerfing down is for EVERY mode, but really don't understand the concern... why not just play on hard mode?

The entire point of the nerfing was that Yukiko is too powerful for that point in the game. It's a balancing issue, a game design issue if you will. From what I gather from 2ch.net, the main complaint with the original was that the difficulty seems to drop sharply after Yukiko. It was considered poorly balanced.
---
You are ignoring 167 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#63WerzaquePosted 6/19/2012 5:45:13 PM
rascal45 posted...

You people act like this is the first time Atlus listened to folks who complained about game difficulty. You remembered Catherine? Apparently, Atlus got complaints that the game was too hard FOR THE JAPANESE USERBASE! As a result, that game was patched. Of course, everyone else got a patched version of a patched game.

^true

IMO, a "normal" difficulty should be just that: "normal" in the eyes of the majority. Since this game implements a hard mode for seasoned fans, and risky for masochists, I don't see anything wrong with what Atlus did.
---
You are ignoring 167 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#64Fourth_BonkuraPosted 6/19/2012 6:01:03 PM(edited)
rascal45 posted...
You remembered Catherine? Apparently, Atlus got complaints that the game was too hard FOR THE JAPANESE USERBASE!

I'm starting to think that the whole "Japanese people are all super awesome at games" is an unfounded stereotype - I just got done playing Dragon's Dogma which was sold on the basis of its punishing difficulty and it was pretty tough ... for the first five hours or so. After that there isn't much of a challenge with occasionally tough enemies thrown in - the first time you fight an ogre or a drake they will wipe the floor with you but by endgame there's nothing that can really touch you not even the final boss or the secret boss

Maybe it came about because anytime you see Japanese gameplay on YouTube it's super awesome (well yeah otherwise they probably wouldn't have put it on YouTube) and because we got Doki Doki Panic instead of Mario 2...

Edit: Huh, apparently that whole thing didn't go down quite how I imagined

*Mario 2 is developed*
Nintendo: This is no fun! Make it more like the first one!
The Lost Levels is made
Nintendo: Turn that other game into Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic!
Yessir

Later

NOA: This is too darn hard. Plus it's exactly like the first one! That's too repetitive, why not make something more original?
Nintendo: *dusts off doki doki panic* quick, re-replace the sprites!.

Not much to do with Persona I guess but pretty interesting.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999