Specifics for Risky? Load Time comparisons?

#1FlyingMulePosted 6/18/2012 10:09:32 AM
I really like all of the changes that have been revealed so far, but I don't see anything about what exactly was changed for the Risky difficulty level, or comparison of load times with the original. Are there any details posted yet?
#2QuelaagFanPosted 6/18/2012 10:27:05 AM
FlyingMule posted...
I really like all of the changes that have been revealed so far, but I don't see anything about what exactly was changed for the Risky difficulty level, or comparison of load times with the original. Are there any details posted yet?

The load time of it installed on the stick was like 2 seconds, from the main menu to in game.
---
XBL Ali TheDon / PSN Abbas-TheDon
That's real f***in' Nito
#3FlyingMule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 10:42:07 AM
That's good to hear. P3P's installation almost completely removed the load times, but that had the extra benefit of using 2D backgrounds and sprites during town exploration.

The FAQ only says "higher stats" for Risky, but it is not any more specific than that, and its ambiguous what "stats" refer to-- P4 only had a flat 1.5x damage multiplier added for Hard.
#4WiiFan77Posted 6/18/2012 9:34:26 PM(edited)
Wait, P4's hard mode had a 1.5x multiplier? Geez, if I had played it on Normal, I may not have even finished it out of sheer boredom. <_<
---
Hello? Taste? Where are you? This...doesn't taste like anything! This is amazing! It's like I'm eating friggin' water! How is this even...? -Junpei__Iori
#5krw703Posted 6/19/2012 2:51:23 AM
At first glance:

~1.7x damage multiplier
40% EXP gain
40% yen gain

You're actually level 1 when fighting Shadow Yosuke on Risky (it is VERY possible to run out of SP if you aren't careful with it.) and the MC ends up at lv2 when Yosuke joins at lv3.

If I notice anything else I'll let you know.
---
PSN: krw703; DQ8-JP-LLA [pre-Trap Box] (H1, Y6, J10, K12)
Now Playing: Persona 4: The Golden (Vita-J)
#6FlyingMule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 5:03:07 AM
Ah, you mean EXP "required" is 40% higher. I like that change, but it seems kind of moot unless there's the "tired" system from P3P in place, or healing in dungeons is more limited.
#7krw703Posted 6/19/2012 5:13:24 AM
FlyingMule posted...
Ah, you mean EXP "required" is 40% higher.

No, I literally mean you gain less EXP and yen from battles. You get 3000 yen from Shadow Yosuke on Normal and 1200 on Risky.
---
PSN: krw703; DQ8-JP-LLA [pre-Trap Box] (H1, Y6, J10, K12)
Now Playing: Persona 4: The Golden (Vita-J)
#8FlyingMule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 6:09:51 AM
Oh, that is a pretty significant cut. Does Hard mode have an intermediate cut, like only 70%?

This is the first time an SMT game has messed with EXP gain, and I can imagine it actually being difficult to make the Fox costs with the reduced Money gain.
#9Fourth_BonkuraPosted 6/19/2012 6:18:11 AM
The load time of it installed on the stick was like 2 seconds, from the main menu to in game.

Do you mean with data install or off PSN?

...Aren't all Vita games on SD Cards already?
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#10FlyingMule(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 8:04:12 AM
Yes, they are on proprietary cards, but you can also DL them off of the PSN. I'm not sure if there is any meaningful speed difference between the two methods, though.

Thanks for the Risky info. Please keep it coming! As far as I know, this is the first time the SMT series has changed EXP gain by difficulty.