Photos from Naoto's Novel (potential spoilers)

#31Lionheart08Posted 6/20/2012 4:47:42 AM
"Surprised Naoto fans aren't angry that she's screwing a robot."

Just like her brother the P3tagonist. :P
---
I'm a genius! Geniuses don't NEED medication!
#32Baalji_BaalstarPosted 6/20/2012 4:59:43 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Surprised Naoto fans aren't angry that she's screwing a robot.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that they're pandering to nerds by showing a 16/17 Year Old naked in the shower and then in bikinis with another one.
---
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"
-Bret "The Hitman" Hart
#33SunladisPosted 6/20/2012 6:00:22 AM
Durarara is an anime about a modern female rendition of the headless horseman right? I've seen bits a pieces of it and I can't say it looked particularly interesting.

Yes, it's about a female headless horseman. And a bunch of weird insane kids. Said headless horseman is probably the sanest character personality-wise in the story.

Back about the novel. Where has it been said that the novel is non-canon? That's kind of a shame, too, since I somehow want to see Sousei and his little sister meet Aigis and Labrys somewhere in the future. Heck, I wanna see all the Anti-Shadow Weapons together!

Also, Strain, didn't you use to live in Japan? (I think I read it in your comics' commentary) Shouldn't you be able to read Japanese then?
---
The average intelligence of a fandom is inversely proportional to its size.
#34Setsugekka2Posted 6/20/2012 6:06:58 AM
The problem is that it was never said outright that the novel is canon like they did with Arena. Since Dengeki calls it an "official novel", however, I'll treat the novel canon as long as there is no proof against its "canonicity" (>Is that even a word? Anyway, you get the point).

There seems to be too much input by the Persona Team in here with Soejima doing the character designs, and Hashino actually commenting on the novel somewhere on Dengeki.
#35dustingallnightPosted 6/20/2012 6:13:32 AM
Setsugekka2 posted...

There seems to be too much input by the Persona Team in here with Soejima doing the character designs, and Hashino actually commenting on the novel somewhere on Dengeki.

Soejima at least drew the images inside the Catherine LN. All Soejima seems to have done here is design 4 characters and 2 Personae. The art in the novel isn't his.

Oh, and the epilogue of P4G already contradicts PersonaxDetective. Yu didn't dissapear, Naoto's hair is still short and she seems to be living comfortably in Inaba.
#36Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 7:13:57 AM
Also, Strain, didn't you use to live in Japan? (I think I read it in your comics' commentary) Shouldn't you be able to read Japanese then?

Yeah, for about 3 years. But even when I was there I was hardly fluent in the language, and I've been back in the states for about 4 years now so my brain pretty much forgot everything lol I used to at least have all the Hiragana and Katakana memorized, now I still have to check a chart every now and then.

Anyway, it's true that I'm not 100% positive if the novel is non-canon, but it just seems like it's throwing off so many established premises, and I've learned that just because somebody involved in the series works on something doesn't make it canon.

For instance (and someone correct me if I'm wrong here) didn't Soejima also do character design for Trinity Soul, which was declared non-canon?
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#37dustingallnightPosted 6/20/2012 7:15:42 AM
Strain42 posted...
because somebody involved in the series works on something doesn't make it canon.

For instance (and someone correct me if I'm wrong here) didn't Soejima also do character design for Trinity Soul, which was declared non-canon?

Yeah, he did.

It used a lot of "hand-me-downs" from the original P3 cast's character designs, though.
#38Tengatoppen325Posted 6/20/2012 8:17:48 AM
thanks for sharing that strain,it was nice to see
#39Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2012 8:58:19 AM
You're very welcome. It's nice to share with the community.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#40BakyuraPosted 6/20/2012 9:47:46 AM
Strain42 posted...
What I can only assume is another Anti-Shadow Weapon. No clue what her name is - http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/Strain42/IMG_0217.jpg

Probably don't care at this point, but I believe her name is Ai Kurogami.

As always thanks for the images! Still wish they could have just had a different protagonist though, don't like the whole "Is this canon, 'cause Naoto's hair could totally not be that long so fast!" (Though I do agree, my hair apparently grows really fast, but it hasn't even grown that much that quickly, but eh.) and the fact that she has another persona (Though admittedly I like the design.).