Is it true that...(SPOILER WARNING!!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Is it true that...(SPOILER WARNING!!)

User Info: nanjo1983

nanjo1983
4 years ago#1
...you need to destroy the evidence against Adachi to max the Pierrot social link?

User Info: 1337w334b00

1337w334b00
4 years ago#2
nanjo1983 posted...
...you need to destroy the evidence against Adachi to max the Pierrot social link?

No. You're allowed to as a reward for maxing the social link.

User Info: nanjo1983

nanjo1983
4 years ago#3
Thanks! Just wanted to confirm. I had heard things both ways. I'm glad that it would still be possible to max all the links without having to go down that path.

At the same time, though, I kind of liked the idea that it could only be maxed by aiding Adachi, from a thematic sense at least. By growing closer to Adachi, the main character himself becomes slowly corrupted by him, culminating in him being a willing accomplice by destroying evidence that might implicate his friend.

And the reward: Magatsu Izanagi, the bloody, twisted, corrupted form of his original Izanagi, the perfect representation of what Adachi has turned him into.

Still, from a gameplay standpoint, better that we can max it without going that route.

User Info: AquamanOS

AquamanOS
4 years ago#4
I believe helping Adachi basically ends the game at that point. Similar to killing Namatame. You get a different ending, but that's it. So there'd be nothing to use the Persona on.

I don't see how they move the game forward if you help him since defeating him is critical to continuing the game.

User Info: grand_kaizer

grand_kaizer
4 years ago#5
AquamanOS posted...
I believe helping Adachi basically ends the game at that point. Similar to killing Namatame. You get a different ending, but that's it. So there'd be nothing to use the Persona on.

I don't see how they move the game forward if you help him since defeating him is critical to continuing the game.

New game+. And they don't move the game forward, you get a different ending. An ending in which the killer slips away forever.

I agree though TC. The way you described the social link working backwards and instead changing the protagonist is... pretty cool. Especially the way Magatsu Izanagi would play into that. Still, I guess it'd drive completionists up the wall.
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Is it true that...(SPOILER WARNING!!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived