Is it true that...(SPOILER WARNING!!)

#1nanjo1983Posted 6/27/2012 8:54:04 AM
...you need to destroy the evidence against Adachi to max the Pierrot social link?
#21337w334b00Posted 6/27/2012 8:55:21 AM
nanjo1983 posted...
...you need to destroy the evidence against Adachi to max the Pierrot social link?

No. You're allowed to as a reward for maxing the social link.
#3nanjo1983(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 9:23:39 AM
Thanks! Just wanted to confirm. I had heard things both ways. I'm glad that it would still be possible to max all the links without having to go down that path.

At the same time, though, I kind of liked the idea that it could only be maxed by aiding Adachi, from a thematic sense at least. By growing closer to Adachi, the main character himself becomes slowly corrupted by him, culminating in him being a willing accomplice by destroying evidence that might implicate his friend.

And the reward: Magatsu Izanagi, the bloody, twisted, corrupted form of his original Izanagi, the perfect representation of what Adachi has turned him into.

Still, from a gameplay standpoint, better that we can max it without going that route.
#4AquamanOSPosted 6/27/2012 8:40:07 PM
I believe helping Adachi basically ends the game at that point. Similar to killing Namatame. You get a different ending, but that's it. So there'd be nothing to use the Persona on.

I don't see how they move the game forward if you help him since defeating him is critical to continuing the game.
#5grand_kaizerPosted 6/28/2012 12:16:51 AM
AquamanOS posted...
I believe helping Adachi basically ends the game at that point. Similar to killing Namatame. You get a different ending, but that's it. So there'd be nothing to use the Persona on.

I don't see how they move the game forward if you help him since defeating him is critical to continuing the game.

New game+. And they don't move the game forward, you get a different ending. An ending in which the killer slips away forever.

I agree though TC. The way you described the social link working backwards and instead changing the protagonist is... pretty cool. Especially the way Magatsu Izanagi would play into that. Still, I guess it'd drive completionists up the wall.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"