Aeon Arcana Persona artwork

#1CloseTheMoonPosted 6/28/2012 7:13:48 AM
Am I the only one who really likes Kaguya's artwork that I think Soejima should make the entire persona arsenal? No harm to Kaneko, I love his work as well but isn't Soejima's work is more Persona-y? (I don't know if such word Persona-y exist..)

Thoughts?
---
The official Sraosha of the SMT IV Board.
#2dustingallnightPosted 6/28/2012 8:23:47 AM
I really like both artists. So no.

I don't see the benefits of having Soejima take over completely anyway. That would be 100+ new demons the poor man would have to design on top of functioning as both character designer and art director.

I'd rather just have Kaneko finally design some new demons for a new generation. I'm getting a little tired of seeing the same designs over and over again.
#3FScellPosted 6/28/2012 8:29:11 AM
He should stop designing characters, I'm kind of tired of seeing laminated people.

Just have him design the demons.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#4dustingallnightPosted 6/28/2012 8:36:40 AM
FScell posted...
He should stop designing characters, I'm kind of tired of seeing laminated people.

Just have him design the demons.

Haha, that's an interesting way of describing Kaneko's human art.

I do think his human character designs suffer from sameyness, though. It often seems like Kaneko is only capable of drawing 3-5 faces and recycles them for every single one of his characters.
#5Strain42Posted 6/28/2012 8:46:32 AM
Kaneko did a lot of new demons for the Raidou games for what it's worth.

And I personally loved his designs for the Raidou series and Strange Journey.

But I am glad that Soejima is handling the Persona character designs now.

Both artists have their strengths and weaknesses, and Kaneko's strength certainly lies in demon design.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#6SparNar607Posted 6/28/2012 8:50:29 AM
For clarity, Kaneko is the one who makes the characters with overly pronouced lips right?
---
"I am the bone of my sword"
#7dustingallnightPosted 6/28/2012 8:56:52 AM
SparNar607 posted...
For clarity, Kaneko is the one who makes the characters with overly pronouced lips right?

Yep,

Faces look made of plastic, mouth looks like an upside-down facing 3, character designer for Nocturne and Raidou yadda yadda
#8PsychoDantisPosted 6/28/2012 9:05:34 AM
I liked Kaneko's art for DDS, and a few of the P2 characters looked really good (Maki's P2 design is fantastic), but I like Seojima's characters more.

Also, Soejima coloured in a lot of the demons at least, and it's because of him that they're all coloured with the soft brush in Photoshop. So there's that.
---
Yes, I am that good!