Hermit's Rank10, quest no.15 HELP...

#1AlfsZzPosted 6/30/2012 1:01:05 AM
About the hermit's final request did that old man want me to get guardian fish (like P4 Original)? or other fish like huge fish or genji whatever?
#2krw703Posted 6/30/2012 6:01:12 AM
First catch a River Guardian, then show it to the old man at the river bank to obtain a Sea Fishing Rod. Then head out to the coast and fish for a Sea Guardian (you can get the bait you need to catch one on 8/22 from Tanaka TV).

After you show him that you've completed the quest.
---
PSN: krw703; DQ8-JP-LLA [pre-Trap Box] (H1, Y6, J10, K12)
Now Playing: Persona 4: The Golden (Vita-J)
#3AlfsZz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 6:51:31 AM
Crap! Can't do NO~~ I'm already past 8/22 !... : <
What should I do?
Or is there to find any of the bait for the River Guardian? And any bait for Sea Guardian?
I'm having a trouble of finding both of this bait.
If can would you kindly give me some tips of how to find bait for both River Guardian & Sea Guardian? : >
#4krw703Posted 6/30/2012 8:33:46 AM
You need to do bug catching for bait.

Inaba Tamamushi (Inaba Jewel Beetle) for River Guardian
Genji Kabuto for Sea Guardian

You can also wait until winter to catch bugs burrowing underground without wasting time but I'm not sure if you can fish then.
---
#5AlfsZz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 9:03:43 AM
ok I'll give it a try. Helps alot for the tips so thanks ~~!! ^w^
#6borgorPosted 7/4/2012 5:46:52 AM
The bait for the river's guardian won't show up during bug hunting until you :
- opened the seaside area and attempted to fish there
- asked the old man about how to fish at the seaside

He'll then ask you to prove yoursefl by catching a river's guardian first and from there on the bugs you need will start showing up when bug hunting. Same deal for the sea guardian bait. They'll start appaearing once you got the sea fishing road

The sea guardian is a royal pain to reel in though, hope you read that advanced fishing tips book
#7krw703Posted 7/4/2012 7:09:50 AM
By the way... I just noticed I wrote "wasting time" there...

Bug catching doesn't use up a time slot and should be done as often as possible. I do feel really stupid for not realizing this until late November in my game...

The bait you need to catch a River Guardian is insanely common to obtain during the night provided you did what the poster above me said.
---