Remakes are cool and all

#1AllGodsDiePosted 7/5/2012 12:51:11 PM
But I kinda feel like persona 3 and 4 have become this infinite cycle that we can't get out of. Persona 3, persona 3 fes, persona 3 psp, and persona 4 all came out when I was in high school. I'm a junior in college now and we are on persona 4 remake now? Don't get me wrong. I love these games. But I think its getting a bit ridiculous at this point. We could of had persona 5 to 6 made by this point prob. I mean how many times do 3 & 4 need to be redone and added to?
#2PrinceOfFalloutPosted 7/5/2012 12:57:37 PM
i want persona 4-2
---
"This is good... isn't it?" - Big Boss
https://www.playfire.com/DivineSnake
#3Strain42Posted 7/5/2012 1:00:28 PM
i want persona 4-2

It's hard for me to type this without wanting to hit my hands repeatedly with this Pignite toy that came with my McDonalds Happy Meal (heaviest item on my desk...)

But honestly...I wouldn't mind that.

Not because I love P4, not because I want them to delay P5 any further

But because honestly... Seeing them all in the new epilogue, how they've grown, how they've changed...I really wouldn't mind seeing these versions of these beloved characters having a whole new adventure.

Also it would probably prove beyond any doubt (not that it needed much help) that the Naoto Novel is non-canon.

Really if you think about it though, P4A is already kinda P4-2.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#41337w334b00Posted 7/5/2012 2:51:09 PM
It's better than a rushed half-assed version of Persona 5 that doesn't have the new engine they're saying is being built from the ground up.
#5dudupupuPosted 7/5/2012 3:33:18 PM
I entirely agree! Two of my all-time favorites are P3/P4, but it IS starting to feel like eternal recurrence!

So redundant, especially with the Blu-Ray anime releasing around the same time! Wish they'd do something more like Devil Summoner or Nocturne instead.
---
One does not just grow facial hair, no. You must wait and hope that the facial hair accepts you as a man and merges with your face. ~FridgeBeard
#6WerzaquePosted 7/5/2012 3:53:22 PM
I want persona 5 to be about a company... MC and most of the characters are slave to the wage and the last boss is your mother-in-law.
---
You are ignoring 167 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#7Sakura_RailgunPosted 7/5/2012 4:18:17 PM
AllGodsDie posted...
But I think its getting a bit ridiculous at this point. We could of had persona 5 to 6 made by this point prob.

It took like 6 or 7 years after Persona 2 until Persona 3 came out, and you're upset that it's been 4 years since P4 and we still haven't gotten a Persona 5? I think you are over reacting a bit. Relax, it's coming.
#8QL777Posted 7/5/2012 4:24:15 PM
Sakura_Railgun posted...
AllGodsDie posted...
But I think its getting a bit ridiculous at this point. We could of had persona 5 to 6 made by this point prob.

It took like 6 or 7 years after Persona 2 until Persona 3 came out, and you're upset that it's been 4 years since P4 and we still haven't gotten a Persona 5? I think you are over reacting a bit. Relax, it's coming.

But they didn't make a bunch of remakes of P1 and P2 between P2 and P3. His point is that with all the effort they spent on these remakes and extras, they could've been working on P5.

Think of it this way though (to the TC): with all the money ATLUS gets from these remakes and spin-offs, they would feel more secure to try some new things in P5, hopefully giving us an excellent game.

Also, I feel compelled to mention the fanfic "Persona Animum Debes Mutare Non Caelum". It's the closest thing I've read/seen yet to an authentic P5.
#9Sakura_RailgunPosted 7/5/2012 5:07:37 PM
QL777 posted...
His point is that with all the effort they spent on these remakes and extras, they could've been working on P5.

But you can't even compare the amount of effort it takes to create P3P or FES to what it takes to create a brand new Persona game, on an entirely different platform, possibly a different engine, etc. And it's not like they need their entire team working on the remakes/additions. They've got their other director, to do stuff like P3P and P4G. Persona 4 Ultimate isn't even being made by Atlus. And also the OP said we could've had P5 and even 6 by now, which is just ludicrous.
#10Zacks_FairPosted 7/5/2012 5:27:57 PM
Who cares if there are remakes and spin-offs? P5 is in the works now. Patience. I'm glad to have more P4.
---
3DS FC: 3566- 1544- 7318