Persona 4: The Animation... season 2?

#1EmiHinataPosted 7/6/2012 12:05:58 AM(edited)
Amanda Winn-Lee (Yukiko) posted this on her Facebook recently:

Just finished recording the last Persona 4 video game. *sniff, sniff*. Oh well. I still have season 2 of the anime. I'd forgotten how hard it can be to let go of characters after the project is done.

Has anyone heard anything else about this? Could she be referring to the True Ending, or perhaps an animated version of Arena...?

Alternatively, she could just be mistaken.
---
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
#2pandacakezPosted 7/6/2012 12:08:29 AM
She could just be talking about True Ending or the actual Volume 2 of P4A that's likely to be released this fall?
#3D_RevolutionPosted 7/6/2012 12:13:52 AM
I think she is referring to the 2nd half of the series. episode 13 and on...
Most Television seasons last 12 episodes. Persona 4 The Animation did run during the start of the Fall season until the end of the Winter season.

in Anime, it's the next season when they get new openings and endings.
---
Art Student, so I not much time for vidya games anymore.
#4EmiHinata(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 12:16:38 AM
Most Television seasons last 12 episodes. Persona 4 The Animation did run during the start of the Fall season until the end of the Winter season.

I've never seen this happen in anime. The opening and endings change partway through the series, but I've never seen those referred to as separate seasons. Not to mention that most American shows last anywhere from 20-26 episodes per season, and I've seen the majority of anime last for around that long too.

I'm inclined to think she could mean the True Ending, because as far as I'm aware nothing's ever marked the second half of P4A as a "second season"; never once have I seen it referred to as such.
---
#5D_RevolutionPosted 7/6/2012 12:22:41 AM
Well the OVA: "Persona 4 The Animation: No One is Alone" is just a single episode, So I don't think that's the case..

I only refereed to the second half as 2nd season due to it airing during the winter anime season.
---
Art Student, so I not much time for vidya games anymore.
#6SparNar607Posted 7/6/2012 1:23:11 AM
I was under the impression that every 13 episodes was considered a cour/half season so I think she really did mean the other 13 episodes.
---
"I am the bone of my sword"
#7Fourth_BonkuraPosted 7/6/2012 1:40:26 AM(edited)
EmiHinata posted...

I've never seen this happen in anime. The opening and endings change partway through the series, but I've never seen those referred to as separate seasons. Not to mention that most American shows last anywhere from 20-26 episodes per season, and I've seen the majority of anime last for around that long too.

In Japan the broadcast year is divided up into 4 periods known as cours (kuuru - French loanword, cours = course - as in "duration" ... and possibly "racecourse" as well, not sure)

Each one is a quarter of a year you can describe series that are between 9 and 13 (usually 11-13) episodes as being 1 cours and series that are about 24 - 26 as being two cours. I guess cours could mean "season" but I think it means something more like "broadcast quarter".

Some series have broadcast as split cours like Rinne no Lagrange this year was/will be broadcast from January to March and July to September. When this happens they might be refereed to as "season one/season two" or "first/second season".

Edit: ^ Did it really take me that long to write this? :(
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#8EmiHinata(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 1:43:07 AM
It's possible, but my point is that I never once saw it officially referred to as a two-season show; it was a 26-episode animated series, and that was it. It doesn't make sense to me for Winn-Lee to be referring to the second half of season 2 when it was never referred to as that to begin with.

However, I do know Amazon lists a "Persona 4: The Animation Collection 1" to ship September 18th, so perhaps it IS what she's referring to even though the public never saw that as a name.
---
#9Fourth_BonkuraPosted 7/6/2012 1:51:53 AM
EmiHinata posted...
It's possible, but my point is that I never once saw it officially referred to as a two-season show; it was a 26-episode animated series, and that was it. It doesn't make sense to me for Winn-Lee to be referring to the second half of season 2 when it was never referred to as that to begin with.

She made a mistake. It's been known to happen.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#10Chaos_MissilePosted 7/6/2012 5:59:01 AM
EmiHinata posted...

I'm inclined to think she could mean the True Ending, because as far as I'm aware nothing's ever marked the second half of P4A as a "second season"; never once have I seen it referred to as such.

Abit of fridge logic really which I never realised until a few years back; why do you think we call it seasons? Because it's *literally* based on the seasons.

Now, I'm not from a country with the typical 4 seasons, so I'm might be wrong but a year has 4 seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall/Autmn in that order. A year also has 52 weeks. Divide 52 by 4 nets you...13 weeks, which equates to an estimate 13 weeks per season.

Now, if you're an avid follower of anime, notice how certain anime only has 12-13 eps, which are aired once a week? And announcments are made on a season basis?

Lastly, America != Japan. Just because Americans has 52 episodes a seasons does not mean it's the same as Japan.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008