Mythology theme for P5

#1SparNar607Posted 7/6/2012 11:54:56 PM
Persona 3 used greek mythology and 4 used Japanese, so I was wondering what mythology you guys thought the next Persona might use?
---
"I am the bone of my sword"
#2PrinceOfFalloutPosted 7/7/2012 12:08:06 AM
i tought persona 3 was based in christianity?

for persona 5 nordic mithology
---
"This is good... isn't it?" - Big Boss
https://www.playfire.com/DivineSnake
#3FScellPosted 7/7/2012 12:11:22 AM
Oh sure, Norse.

Haven't seen that.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#4azure556Posted 7/7/2012 12:16:47 AM
what myth did persona 2 and 1 used then?
#5lusofusoPosted 7/7/2012 12:19:10 AM
How about Egyptian?

The norse gods already get a lot of credit for getting the ultimate elemental spell.

Well now that I think about it it would be good to have Odin and company on party members so that they can give the spells to other personas for once.

PrinceOfFallout posted...
i tought persona 3 was based in christianity?

No, Orpheus, Thanathos, Hypnos, Medea, Polydueces, Nyx, Erebus, etc etc... ALL greek

Messiah is a common definition for the "savior" in many religions.
---
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
I want it!
#6SparNar607(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 12:50:45 AM
azure556 posted...
what myth did persona 2 and 1 used then?

P1 didn't have a central theme as far as I recall. Then again P1 and 2 differ in story, gameplay, and character aspects that 3 and 4 so..

Well broadening the choices a bit, I wouldn't mind seeing our protags having Personae for Arthurian Lore (King Arthur, Gawain, Lancelot)
---
#7lusofusoPosted 7/7/2012 12:57:18 AM
I also think that a Christian theme would be cool, but with the bad guys having the holy angels, Gabriel, Raphael, etc and the good guys having the fallen angels and Inferno's demons. The final persona for the main character could be a whole new redesing of Lucifer.
---
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
I want it!
#8D_RevolutionPosted 7/7/2012 1:34:41 AM
For the Persona 2 games, I want to say that the personae were based on Greek gods and legends.

Persona 1 also had the snow queen quest, which was based around the fairy tale...
---
Art Student, so I not much time for vidya games anymore.
#9natchu96Posted 7/7/2012 1:36:49 AM
lusofuso posted...
I also think that a Christian theme would be cool, but with the bad guys having the holy angels, Gabriel, Raphael, etc and the good guys having the fallen angels and Inferno's demons. The final persona for the main character could be a whole new redesing of Lucifer.

Then all the fans would ask for a fight between this guy and the P3 MC. Lucifer VS Messiah O_0
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Board
#10SparNar607(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 1:38:33 AM
natchu96 posted...
lusofuso posted...

Then all the fans would ask for a fight between this guy and the P3 MC. Lucifer VS Messiah O_0

Then some other fan would be all like nah P4 main was stronger and could take them both and blah blah blah.
---