Fishing rod?

#1ShinoguPosted 7/7/2012 7:18:33 PM
i figure it's a lost cause for me because I'm in November now and just completed that month's dungeon. I'm up to Social Rank 9 with Mysterious Fox though and the last request requires fishing... and for some bizarre reason ever since the month of May the old man in the Samegawa Riverbed has never given me a fishing rod. Did I miss a time window or do I just talk to someone else in order to get my fishing on? Help me out here!!
---
"ARGH! I have been stabbed by scythes thru the chest... Time to turn on the stereo!" -blackomnimon on Devil May Cry 3's opening cinematic
#2Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 7/7/2012 7:25:31 PM
Talk to the old man at rivebank, then get the fish hook from the item shop at night, you need to feed her fish with a bug to get the hook, then talk again to the old man
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#3Shinogu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 7:27:52 PM
Silfurbor_Negla posted...
Talk to the old man at rivebank, then get the fish hook from the item shop at night, you need to feed her fish with a bug to get the hook, then talk again to the old man

Fish with a bug? Where do I get that?

And when you say the item shop at night, you mean when it completely changes into that bizarre café with that old-timey music in the background, right?
---
"ARGH! I have been stabbed by scythes thru the chest... Time to turn on the stereo!" -blackomnimon on Devil May Cry 3's opening cinematic
#4Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 7/7/2012 7:32:10 PM
Shinogu posted...

And when you say the item shop at night, you mean when it completely changes into that bizarre café with that old-timey music in the background, right?

Yes, its the jewel exchange shop actually

You never get a bug from the boy at the shrine? He trade bug for crocket/drinking can at early game
You still cant do bug catching as well?
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#5Shinogu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 8:01:29 PM
Shinogu posted...

Yes, its the jewel exchange shop actually

You never get a bug from the boy at the shrine? He trade bug for crocket/drinking can at early game
You still cant do bug catching as well?

Ohh, the bug-catching bit?! That's related? Well crap, that never would have occurred to me. =_=
---