I've never played any Persona games...

#1pinkshredderPosted 7/7/2012 8:59:45 PM
But I do have a vita. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea to choose this game as my entry into the persona world? I know it's not out yet here in the states, but I'm just curious.
---
PSN : metalgod88
#2JackelofAHPosted 7/7/2012 9:03:05 PM
4 is the easiest to get into without a doubt.
---
FFVI>FFIX>FFX>FFXIII>FFVII>FFIV>FFV>FFXII>FFVIII>FFII>FFI>FFIII
#3Dagger1087Posted 7/7/2012 9:07:46 PM(edited)
P4 is great: awesome characters, really good story, fantastic battle gameplay, lots to do, new game +, guaranteed 100 hours at least of game time. It's stand alone from the previous Persona titles, so no worries there. Do some checking and see if it's a game you'd like. If you are unsure, I suggest getting Persona 3 Portable (a PSP game) for your Vita. It's only $9.99 on PSN right now because Atlus is doing a 50% off sale. It's great too, and very similar. Better than spening $40 and finding you don't like it.
---
PSN: XIII_Lightning
XBL: xDagger1087
#4Strain42Posted 7/7/2012 9:10:02 PM
If you already own a Vita, I can't think of a single reason for you to not check this out.

If you'd like an idea about what you're getting into, I would actually recommend maybe picking up Persona 3 Portable on the PSN store. Now P3P was made in sort of a first person visual novel style to accommodate itself on the PSP, but the gameplay itself and method of play is very similar.

So not only do you get to play 3 before 4 (not that you need to, you just might be confused by a couple minor jokes or cameos) but it'd be a much cheaper way for you to figure out if Persona 4 is a game for you.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/