NG+ What does Keep Existing Social Links Mean? [Spoilers]

#1GamingPandasPosted 7/10/2012 10:44:28 PM
Hello all... I am just currently completing my first persona game on the P3P on the Vita...

I have burning question regarding NG+ and the retaining of existing social links. So let's say in P4 I established a level 8 link with Rise.

In NG+, do I automatically start with a Rise with a level 8 social link? If this is the case, does this mean I will lose out on all the dialogue/scenes from levels 1-7 and somehow automatically start at level 8?
#2White_OblivionPosted 7/10/2012 10:58:23 PM
You keep the item you got when you max their social link, thus you can keep fusing that Arcana's max persona. The actual Social Link restarts.
#3GamingPandas(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 11:42:40 PM
White_Oblivion posted...
You keep the item you got when you max their social link, thus you can keep fusing that Arcana's max persona. The actual Social Link restarts.

But what I did not max their social links and left it at level 8 in the first playthrough? Say I left Rise's social link at level 8 and ended the game.

If social link restarts as you say, then what benefits does NG+ provide in this specific circumstance?
#4harimackenziePosted 7/11/2012 12:03:26 AM
GamingPandas posted...
White_Oblivion posted...

But what I did not max their social links and left it at level 8 in the first playthrough? Say I left Rise's social link at level 8 and ended the game.

If social link restarts as you say, then what benefits does NG+ provide in this specific circumstance?

thats why people replay,to finish what they not finish yet.social link in ng+ will restart from rank 1,no matter how many time ng+ you play.usually i'll try to max the 5 status in 1st play,then max whatever remain in 2nd play.but in p3p this is not relevant as maxing all SL in one play is a must if you want to use orpheus telos,unlike in p4,there's no special reason to finish everything in one play,and the ultimate boss can only be fought in 2nd play onwards.
#5eclipselinePosted 7/11/2012 12:41:54 AM
Your compendium and money carries and equipment shop inventory carries

So that means you can summon your best persona as soon as you are able to access the Velvet room in the TV world and buy equipment as you see fit and equip straight away.

So usually, people go for links they missed in the first game, or to unlock all the endings as it takes mulitple playthroughs to get them all. Have fun!
---
Persona 3 Portable. A Social Link a day keeps your troubles away!