Force play a Dubed Game will never end?

#41SpotlessedenPosted 10/6/2012 11:14:01 AM
the best thing they can do is let you pick whatever voice or text that you what.
I play umvc3, i can have ryu using Japanese voice and marvel characters with English voice.
#42wilfredaPosted 10/6/2012 11:29:55 AM(edited)
warcueid posted...
thompsontalker7 posted...
warcueid posted...
You failed to see my point then, cant we read? whats the dub for if we can read?
just was curious about that lol

What's the point of Japanese voices if we can read?

Checkmate, Templars.

More simple yet then,
why waste more money on Dubs if the Jap voices are there already?

You don't seem to understand that using the Japanese voices also costs money; the localizer has to pay for the rights to use them. In some cases this can cost more than hiring an English cast to redo all the voices.
#43SpotlessedenPosted 10/6/2012 11:38:49 AM
wilfreda posted...
warcueid posted...
warcueid posted...
You failed to see my point then, cant we read? whats the dub for if we can read?

Checkmate, Templars.

More simple yet then,

You don't seem to understand that using the Japanese voices also costs money; the localizer has to pay for the rights to use them. In some cases this can cost more than hiring an English cast to redo all the voices.

they are the same company, Atlus US pays Atlus jp? There is an interview on Animenewsnetwork.com with NIS America. They don't need to pay for the right to use the Japanese voice.
#44wilfredaPosted 10/6/2012 1:13:10 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
wilfreda posted...
warcueid posted...
warcueid posted...

Checkmate, Templars.

More simple yet then,

they are the same company, Atlus US pays Atlus jp? There is an interview on Animenewsnetwork.com with NIS America. They don't need to pay for the right to use the Japanese voice.

Could you give a link to this interview? My source is several remarks from Aram Jabbari (Atlus NA PR guy) where he has specifically cited the cost of licensing as being an issue with providing dual audio. (For example: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/21/persona-4-golden-set-for-november-20th-on-ps-vita/#comment-758869). Maybe it's different with NIS or with anime series, though.
#45BakyuraPosted 10/6/2012 1:26:13 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
the best thing they can do is let you pick whatever voice or text that you what.
I play umvc3, i can have ryu using Japanese voice and marvel characters with English voice.

In the case of an RPG, with lots of space being used for the voices, having both would be a big waste of space and depending on how big the game itself is, impossible.
Spotlesseden posted...
hey are the same company, Atlus US pays Atlus jp? There is an interview on Animenewsnetwork.com with NIS America. They don't need to pay for the right to use the Japanese voice.

Pretty sure they do, at least for things like Arena I'm pretty positive they did, I'd imagine it'd be the same for an RPG...
#46Probit_ReturnPosted 10/6/2012 1:27:30 PM
Just because Atlus USA is under Atlus JPN's umbrella doesn't make it a magical cure-all to localization. They still need to negotiate contracts, just like anyone else. They just get a first crack at Atlus games in the states. They've mentioned in interviews that there are occasions where getting the Japanese voice work just isn't feasible. Obviously, they can't get into specifics, because they can't talk about contracts, but I can guarantee you they're not sitting in a poorly lit room, talking to each other via TV monitor, plotting about how they're going to purposefully upset a, frankly small, portion of the fanbase by leaving out the Japanese voices.

As for the TC, you aren't going to make many friends by making fun of people and calling their opinions stupid. I tried to defend you, but you're on your own now kid (I don't know how old you are, and frankly, I don't care). Learn to respect other people's opinions and you'll get a hell of a lot farther in life.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#47SpotlessedenPosted 10/6/2012 3:42:33 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-02-18
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2011-03-25
#48wilfredaPosted 10/6/2012 4:44:17 PM(edited)
Spotlesseden posted...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-02-18
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2011-03-25

Sorry to ask you this, but would it be possible for you give me a general idea of where in these interviews the parts you're referring to occur? It's just that I don't have much interest in listening to 40 minutes of a guy talking about translating visual novels just to hear what I assume is only a sentence or two that's relevant to this discussion.
#49Mask_of_DesirePosted 10/6/2012 8:57:59 PM
Learn Japanese and import the game. Problem solved.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/MaskofDesire.jpg
#50ImASadPandaPosted 10/6/2012 11:46:53 PM
I'd understand this topic if the dubs were bad....but Laura Bailey as Rise> rest

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YES! BRAVO POST! lmfao.
Lets not forget Troy Baker now as Kanji as well.

warcueid posted...
my concern is when a girl screams or starts shouting with their amazing native english voice and it bleeds my ears

Never understood why a translated game needs dub lol,
if they want 7 year old kids to play they can read already xD

Doesn't that apply to our lovely seiyuu's over in Japan as well? Not to be a dick but when any girl screams, it makes people's ears bleed, not just "native english" speaking girls. I love Rise but Rie Kugimiya screaming makes my ears bleed a bloody river, now please tell me it's the same for you, or are your ears magically racists to english female screams?

Some people would rather hear them talking in their native language to get a complete grasp on what's going and it's also for enjoyment, lets not forget people who are dyslexic and rely on most of the voice acting to get through the story like a person I know.