Opinion on Chie's new VA?

#1inuyasha8106Posted 11/20/2012 12:20:24 PM
Personally for me, my adjustment period for her VA was in Arena, and having watched up to Episode 12 of the anime on Eng dub, I'm accustomed to her voice by now!

I did go back at one point about a few months ago for another playthrough of this and definitely noticed a difference! But I must say this new VA does have her moments that I do prefer over the old Chie, and some over the other.

Opinions?

P.S- OMG, if any of you watched the anime, Naoto's new VA for it? Absolutely.God.Awful omg :(((((( THANK GOD her voice stayed the same for the game...as far as I've been told and from what I saw in Arena!
---
PSN: Xeno8106
#2ChibiDeidaraPosted 11/20/2012 12:21:34 PM
<3 As i Stated Before I Think Chie Is adorable I Love her voice <3
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#3Lord_KagatoPosted 11/20/2012 12:24:48 PM
Fits her animated self, but not her in-game self.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Megaman Legends 2
#4SempiedPosted 11/20/2012 12:26:53 PM
I love Erin Fitzgerald here, and did even more in Arena. She actually sounds like a uppity and actiony gal. It's brill compared to her old voice, and I really hope she gets more work using this voice.

I like anime Naoto, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did the gender thing much better than Game VA Naoto., however by the end of the day...I'd still prefer the Game VA.

The only voice i'm worried about is Marie. Haven't gotten to her yet. Teddie is surprisingly much better here, as I warmed up to Regal abit in the animation, and now he sounds perfect here. Very pleasant.
#5PsyrenCallPosted 11/20/2012 12:29:29 PM
From what I've seen so far, the only real issue with Chie's voice is the incongruity it causes with the rest of the voice over, once you get over that, she should be fine.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#6scratchbachstanPosted 11/20/2012 12:39:50 PM
I think it's way more fitting to her character, although I'm still not used to it- even after Arena. Hoping to get accustomed to it though, as I do like it.
---
"I exist to eat, but also exist to live!" -Quina Quen, FFIX
#7shanjoPosted 11/20/2012 12:55:31 PM
I'm still torn. I mean I've only played Half of the original, but I really liked her VA back then.

also I'm probably just not hearing correctly since my volume is low cause I'm playing at work (shhhh) but I kinda hear a bit of a lisp. Again, I'm probably just hearing things though....hopefully :/
---
PSN: eh-jhey
#8thepayne78Posted 11/20/2012 2:20:30 PM(edited)
Did not know they changed the va in Arena never played it.
So far I like her voice have only played Persona 4 golden for about an hour so far. Definitely notice a difference in her voice but it has been so long since I played Persona 4. So far the new va sounds a little whiny to me. The original chie va did not sound as whiny and little more confident. But like I said have only played for about an hour so will save my final decision on which va actor I like better. Wonder why the original va did not reprise the role.
#9akaKLeoPosted 11/20/2012 2:40:24 PM
I'm not to fond of her new VA. I definitely liked her old VA a lot better. Also, I never picked up Persona Arena. Should I get get it and does it have a story to it?
---
PSN: aKaKLeo
#10Alias_NemesisPosted 11/20/2012 2:41:18 PM
akaKLeo posted...
I'm not to fond of her new VA. I definitely liked her old VA a lot better. Also, I never picked up Persona Arena.

THIIISSS!!!!
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : AssassinsCreed3 (PC), Professor Layton:Miracle Mask (3DS) and Zero Escape:VLR & P4:G(Vita)]