Opinion on Chie's new VA?

#41tatsurou_muccPosted 11/30/2012 12:23:46 AM
The new VA sounds like a Nickelodeon character or something. Anyone know who I am talking about? I have the voice in my head but can't tell.. I wasn't a huge fan of the P4 VA but it's at least better than this. Teddy's voice isn't AS bad as in Arena.
#42AlphaDormantePosted 11/30/2012 12:32:07 AM
Overall, I like her. I just think her delivery is absolutely awful when she's excited and yelling about things (which is often, sadly). Her calmer, more hushed tones are much more well done in my opinion, and I think the voice itself fits Chie more.

I also think she's stellar in the anime; I've got no problems with her at all in that version.
#43Dark GunnerPosted 11/30/2012 12:35:23 AM
Is the anime fully dubbed now or something? I might need to give it a watch if that's the case..
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)
#44RikkettikPosted 11/30/2012 12:47:45 AM
I haven't played Golden yet (no Vita and no money to buy one) but I'm watching the dub of the anime and I'm slowly getting used to it. Still can't say I really like it, though. It's as if she constantly overacts and she lost her uniqueness. She sounds like every other energetic tomboy in anime and videogames now. Her old VA really made her sound unique and had a voice that sounded believable in every situation (a few cringeworthy lines in the beginning aside).
#45Artic_KazePosted 12/1/2012 4:51:32 PM
I like the new va. It has its own charm to it.
---
If you decide to be a wall that's standing in my way, then I have something that will open a hole in you everytime -
Gurren Lagann
#46EmiHinataPosted 12/1/2012 4:52:54 PM
tatsurou_mucc posted...
The new VA sounds like a Nickelodeon character or something. Anyone know who I am talking about? I have the voice in my head but can't tell.. I wasn't a huge fan of the P4 VA but it's at least better than this. Teddy's voice isn't AS bad as in Arena.

She's one of the Kanker sisters in Cartoon Network's Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy.
---
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
#47KartaiPosted 12/1/2012 6:51:15 PM
Her new voice sounds like she holding her nose and talking well that what I thought the first time I heard her talk but it grown on me I would still of liked it if they kept her old voice

otherwise her new voice is alright you have to get use to it
#48Futomimi7Posted 12/1/2012 8:53:08 PM
For me it was similar to when they changed Etna's voice in the port of Disgaea for the PSP. I liked Chie's original voice and at first every word Chie said I felt disappointed and thought "Blast you my old nemesis minor changes strikes again."

About 3/4ths the way through the game, I was fine with her new voice and had stopped noticing the change.

Part of it could be that you can really tell that the developers put a great deal of work into the port. It's not so much the big changes like the new social links etc, but the little things they took the time to touch up.
#49kewldude475Posted 12/1/2012 9:40:31 PM
I think it's amazing, personally.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#50synthetiksinPosted 12/1/2012 9:50:59 PM
At times she sounds like a nasally nerdy chubster woman but mostly she's ok. There's some lines that are just hilarious because of her over acting though.