This Game Get Better? (And Out Of AutoPilot?!)

#21GodMWOLFPosted 11/21/2012 5:07:13 PM
dude of course that'd happen on expert(still easiest boss)

actually now that i think about it TC your playing on normal right?
---
I love Persona 4
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#22ms555(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:07:18 PM
Sami1000 posted...
To be honest if you feel already that game is boring or uninteresting then its very likely that its not your kind of game. Persona 3 & 4 are both really story heavy games and both have walls of text and autopiloting in them.

So the game does sorta play itself alot? Even after the intro??
#23GodMWOLFPosted 11/21/2012 5:09:50 PM
Sami1000 posted...
To be honest if you feel already that game is boring or uninteresting then its very likely that its not your kind of game. Persona 3 & 4 are both really story heavy games and both have walls of text and autopiloting in them.

dude even you have to admit that intro is too long
---
I love Persona 4
#24KADFCPosted 11/21/2012 5:10:17 PM
I would say about a third is all stories. Once you reach a hard boss, that's when the auto-pilot to shut off. Actually, after 2nd dungeon, it's pretty much manual, not including the plot parts
#25killacoxPosted 11/21/2012 5:13:43 PM
maybe you should play pokemon or super mario so you dont have to put any effort into thinking

you died and who/what do you blame?

you quit because you didnt like being defeated by a small challenge?
#26BlitzKing900Posted 11/21/2012 5:13:45 PM
ms555 posted...
Sami1000 posted...

No. The first 5-6 days take a few hours because its an extended intro where most events are scripted. You get full control very shortly.

Instead of being forced to go to Junes you will have full choice. Social links, clubs, jobs, fishing or going into the TV world.

So yeah the first week is basically an event sequence.
---
PSN: Soggy-Snake-
#27Sami1000Posted 11/21/2012 5:16:36 PM
ms555 posted...
Sami1000 posted...

There are long story events where you just watch/read press x/o button and such. You get to move the character, equip weapons, make personas etc. choose to do part time job or hang out with who you like but game is very story heavy.

You definitely get more freedom and it becomes very addicting time management wise. I gave my friend my original copy of P3 on ps2 when i bought FES version of it and he felt like story sequences and social links as chores which is supposed to be one of the major strengths of the game. I might have gave you too harsh answer too soon but you do sound like my friend.

I would suggest that you give this game a proper chance. Like at least 5-7 hours because its really long and won't impress you immediately.
#28VeraxulousPosted 11/21/2012 5:17:00 PM
ms555 posted...
Sami1000 posted...

If you consider dialogue playing itself. Otherwise no. It's up to you what to do on a day-to-day basis: where to go, who to talk to, what to buy, when to go dungeon crawling, when to do part-time jobs, when to go fishing, when to accept and complete quests. The only exception is for story-driven events and tests.
-------------------------
Even on Normal that ultimate will rock your world, btw. The game says, "You can guard attacks with the guard command." After that, the boss himself guards. I took that as a, "This is the game showing me what guard does in case I'm a doofus, but technically speaking, the boss just wasted a turn and I'll just hit it for half damage because I know it's safe." The 4th boss has an obvious charge attack that you know you want to guard, but the first boss looks like he's demonstrating guard.

You also have no preparation for the first boss, no leveling up, and are all-around unfamiliar with the game mechanics. I really don't think there's any shame in dying to him like you're suggesting.
#29GodMWOLFPosted 11/21/2012 5:26:37 PM
I'm not saying theres shame but surprising that one could die there.

Also i didnt start with Persona 4 (Vanilla or Golden) so i did have an idea of what he was going to do but can see new people having a hard time
---
I love Persona 4
#30Birth_By_SorrowPosted 11/21/2012 5:34:33 PM
I find the first 1-2 hours of the game to be the portion that really solidifies the experience. We are introduced to the characters, who are all very likable yet have different and very deep demons they refuse to even admit to themselves. It sets the tone perfectly so that when you do get full control you already care about the characters you are sent to save.

It's some of the later portions that kind of take you out of the experience. The "fan service" portions like the festival, group dating disaster, and the Amagi Inn "incident." They slow down the narrative at some of the more plot intense moments and that's when it gets frustrating just waiting for it to end.

I couldn't wait to continue the game after seeing the opening scenes. But meh, to each his own.