Guardian Bait

#1Knave545Posted 11/23/2012 3:11:40 AM
I went to the sea, tried fishing there, then talked to the old man and he told me that if I catch him a guardian he would give me his sea fishing gear. I accepted hermit quest 10, but I've been trying to get the bug for the guardian for like 2 months now. I've tried it during day and night, but I can't get it. Is it supposed to be really rare?
#2XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/23/2012 3:35:29 AM
Yes, its supposed to be rare.
#3scuuraPosted 11/23/2012 4:52:56 AM
The bait is the Inaba Jewel Beetle and the Guardian can only be fished on rainy days.

You'll know whether or not the Guardian is on the line when after the, lure dips, the water shake violently. The same thing goes for the Sea Guardian, but with the Genji Beetle.
---
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
#4LatoyaPosted 11/27/2012 9:25:47 PM
scuura posted...
The bait is the Inaba Jewel Beetle and the Guardian can only be fished on rainy days.

Does this mean I'm screwed for catching them when it snows? I've been using the Inaba Jewel Beetle to try and land a River Guardian... and all I catch are... Huge Fish... I thought the baits description was just being vague about what "huge fish" I would catch... being that the Guardian is pretty darn BIG...
---
Are you really awake right now?
#5javianjeffPosted 11/28/2012 3:57:23 AM
Latoya posted...
scuura posted...

Does this mean I'm screwed for catching them when it snows? I've been using the Inaba Jewel Beetle to try and land a River Guardian... and all I catch are... Huge Fish... I thought the baits description was just being vague about what "huge fish" I would catch... being that the Guardian is pretty darn BIG...

When you are fishing for the guardian (both river and sea) the water will have 5 ripples and a big splash. If you don't see the splash, reel in and try again. I believe after December 1, you can catch the Gaurdian(s) on any day.
#6LatoyaPosted 11/28/2012 8:55:07 AM
javianjeff posted...

When you are fishing for the guardian (both river and sea) the water will have 5 ripples and a big splash. If you don't see the splash, reel in and try again. I believe after December 1, you can catch the Gaurdian(s) on any day.

Big splash? Does this happen when the bobber hits the water?
---
Are you really awake right now?
#7javianjeffPosted 11/28/2012 12:05:10 PM
No the splash occurs while the water rippling.